Share your net worth progression

December was again a rather net worth negative month. The risks when 30% of your assets are in crypto, heh.

Full update as usual in my blog:

4 Likes

Hi all, thanks for sharing these inspiring graphs!

Here’s mine, recap of my situation:

• 32yo, 1 kid, entrepreneur, my journey started with -10k in 2017 (investing everything in my company)
  • Expenses are approximately 60k per year / 5k per month without taxes (I split all the costs with my girlfriend 50/50)
  • Delta between NW and “Depot” (IBKR, 3a, pensionfund) are non-listed stocks of my company and other start-ups at the actual valuation.
  • YoY Growth for 2021: + 112k :slight_smile:

chart

Looking forward to see your success-story!

12 Likes

Hi all, sharing my progression.

• 33M single (getting married this summer), no kids
  • Income of around 151k net before tax
  • YoY growth +109k (including 2nd/3rd pillar which both performed very well)

Quite happy with this year’s results.

10 Likes

Here is my Net Worth in 2021 :slight_smile:

The “jump” in November is the cash flow from my girlfriend since we merge our wealth together :wink:

Not very impressive, but for my first “real” year of tracking and investment, I’m quite happy :slight_smile: (small victory and step by step).

11 Likes

Hi all, this is my progression.
Some details:

• 29M (single) living in Zurich
  • Net income after quellensteuer 122k, expected to grow given the promotion at year end
  • YoY growth +96k (including 2nd/3rd pillar)
  • I still have quite a material portion of cash because of a RE purchase I am going to do with my parents
  • First year of consistent investing on a monthly basis

Net Worth development in CHF

Net Worth composition in CHF

10 Likes
  • 38M single, no kids
  • Income of around 150k net before tax
  • YoY growth +119k (including 2nd/3rd pillar)
  • NW 469K
5 Likes

Side note: not sure how relevant absolute growth is, it’s highly dependent on NW. At least knowing both relative growth and income would help put it in perspective.

2 Likes

True, added NW. % growth around 25%

3 Likes

You are right, for me the 2021 growth was around 55%

2021 review: I managed to reach my FIRE number by 35 but i’m still way too exposed to crypto which means I’m not FIRE secured :wink:

I will try to secure everything in 2022 and if the bull run is not over reach the 5M.

19 Likes

OMG I would not manage to sleep a minute in your shoes!

5 Likes

I’m in for the Tech :slight_smile: I have seen all since 2016, up and down.

2 Likes

Then you’ve really missed 2000, I can guarantee you that if you’ve seen 2000 you will not sleep well anymore :wink:

7 Likes

Oh my lord. What is? 2mil in crypto?

Curious how much was your capital and the growth? And when you started?

Never posted in here, I guess EOY seems like a good time for that :slight_smile:

I’ve been seriously investing for longer than what’s in that picture (since 2014 maybe ?), but I was too lazy to track anything until then. Hell, I was pursuing FIRE back then without even knowing the concept existed and had a name. I started tracking a little bit more things after discovering the communities and reading all the resources I could on the topic. Anyways, here goes :

Salary : about 165k gross this year.
Breakdown :

• Crypto : ~47%
  • Equities (ETFs) : ~40%
  • Real estate : ~8%
  • LPP : ~3%
  • 3a (97% equitities - VIAC) : ~2%

YoY growth : 89%

Year highlights :

• Crypto (obviously :D)
  • Managed to get my hands on a to be constructed apartment at a ~40% discount compared to current market prices. I’m of course only counting in the NW the 10% paid for the reservation and the already paid added values.

3 Likes

Nice! Tell us more?

(Stupid 20 char limit)

5 Likes

In Geneva, there are zones classified as “Development Zones” on which the state controls the price and the conditions of new constructions. A certain percentage has to be dedicated to low income rental, another one for first buyers principal residence, and I think the last is at the discretion of the promoter.
I don’t know how these zones are determined, as I saw project in not so interesting areas (like outside the city, around the airport) as well as some in one the most expensive / sought after part of the city center.

Those projects are very hard to get in as you most likely won’t hear about them until they are published on the canton’s website when they get the construction approval. Of course, at that time, everything’s already sold, and usually has already been for month.

Prices usually are set around 30/40% less than the market price of the given square meter in the area. Except that you get a brand new building, usually with high energy performance quality type of construction.

Drawback is (cause there’s one of course :D) : the price remains controlled for 10 years. You are not allowed to rent except if forced to move somewhere else for your work or something. Even then, the state sets the rent. And you cannot sell for anything more than your buying price for 10 years too. All restrictions lifted after this period.

I don’t know if some equivalent things exist in others cantons.
And sadly, I’ve got no advice for having a shot at those in Geneva : I just contacted a promoter after a “new project has been approved but it’s already sold” poped on the state website. Everything was of course sold out. I told them to recontact me if by any chance they were to have another similar project. Few weeks later, someone withdrew from the promotion and they recontacted me along 4 other people to see who could be interested. I was the fastest to respond with all needed documents and an agreement of principle for the financing.
I got lucky, and fast, but mainly lucky :smiley:

13 Likes

You did very well. Applied to several of those promotions but was never accepted.

No reflection on you but I Have heard stories where flats all went to friends of the promoter, to people working in the commune, people willing to do “other business” with the real estate promoter or just plain cash up front. I think they tried to put stricter controls in the meantime

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately that’s what I also suspect. You can’t get more than 1 and have to live in it though, so I suppose that it kind of limits the amount of “friends” they can give it to, but still.

2 Likes

wow you kept ~700k in crpyto in January last year?
You got balls :dark_sunglasses:

2 Likes