Self-custody of cryptocurrencies

By repeating it many times per day, there is no other way. And checking from time to time that my backups are in place.

otherwise you can also rent a safe in a Bank, (it’s not expensive at all for a small one) and add a power of attorney in case something happens to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Today, I was refunded with ca. 35% of my Celsius holdings. Directly to the Coinbase account. I got BTC and ETH back. Nice surprise.

4 Likes

Good news (relatively, given the bankruptees and the lawyers kept the rest :sweat_smile:).
Were you in the “convenience class” or higher up?

no idea… just accepted every communication by default. Probably the average joe class :grin:

1 Like

Short of HW wallets,
Any thoughts about Exodus vs. Coinbase wallet (for self-custody, not the general Coinbase exchange)?

You can start by comparing the lists of supported assets and thinking about what you need. That was one of the reasons I am using Exodus. Additionally I use TrustWallet for some other coins not supported by Exodus.

1 Like

I don’t have to care anymore about altcoin wallets. Bitcoin only. Jade and Ledger hw wallet. Aqua, WOS, Alby for 2nd layer. The tiny altcoin remainder are on metamask, ledger and polkadotjs (waiting in April for the last parachain end).

1 Like