Postfinance and Swissquote launch a new app called Yuh

Maybe my ID but my job? And I thought they had everything, importing from PostFinance (and I am at Swissquote, too).
Anyways…

Not saying everyone does it to the same degree, but about employment / source of funds is nothing unusual for a bank account.

I hope they should not have your information already. From a privacy view, Postfinance and Swissquote should not communicate the data of their clients to Yuh despite the joint venture. Yuh should have his own privacy policies :wink:

Also, these information are requested for the bank because they have to comply with all the swiss legal requirements.

6 Likes

Some information about EUR cash withdrawals in Switzerland with YUH card.

• The money are coming from your EUR balance if you have enough of it.
  • Maximum withdrawal limit is 900 EUR per day.

Fees seems to be as indicated for cash withdrawals in Switzerland, although for me it had implied CHF withdrawals (I was wrong with my assumption):

• One Free withdrawal per Calendar Week starting on Monday.
  • 1.90 CHF per subsequent withdrawal.
3 Likes

Very cool.
Now, if I want to have “cheap” EUR bills, I can simply wire some CHF to Revolut, convert them (~1000 quids/month are exempt from commission), wire the EUR back to Yuh and withdraw at any dual currency ATM.

2 Likes

Can someone who uses the savings plan function of yuh explain how the reinvestment of the distributions of DIS-ETFs (such as VWRD, FTSE All-World) works?
The distributions arrive in USD on the account, while the savings contributions arrive in CHF and are invested through the savings plan.
How do you reinvest the distributions accordingly?

1 Like

Can’t you just convert them into CHF again?

I mean, that’s kind of the thing how they’re making money at Yuh, isn’t it?

How do you report the tax value of assets like shares when using a Yuh account?

I only got a usable document for the deposit accounts, I can’t find anything for shares, though.

Someone on this forum also stated that Yuh creates an eSteuerauszug/e-relevé fiscal for uploading to your taxes (can’t find the post). They don’t appear in my app under Documents when I filter for “Steuerauszug”.

I’ve written support now.

EDIT: found filter for documents

So, in order to get a Steuerauszug, you need to call a phone number and request it.
Keep at hand the amount in your account and your card number.

Really great solution for a fully digitised app…

Oh, and you have to wait for it for up to 10 days.
I’ll report how useful it will be.

1 Like

Same here. I had to request one by phone.
At first the customer rep. didn‘t know what I was talking about and tried to tell me the saldo of my accounts is enough. :joy:

For the record, I noticed that the Yuh TWINT app is now available on the Apple Store. I imagine the same is true for the Google Store. :smiley:

Yuh‘s tax document has arrived after 10 days as promised.

On the plus side, it adds all your accounts together in chf. It saves you from adding each position individually.

Minus: not an eSteuerauszug. It’s disappointing that almost no bank offers it.

It’s still a mystery to me how a digital bank does not automatically create this sort of document.

1 Like

It presumably also includes dividends of accumulating funds (if Yuh offers such funds) and uses the official tax value of each position, which may differ from the market value (at least for real estate funds).

As far as I know, it is offered by various banks and wealth managers but obviously not by all. E.g., at least some cantonal banks, UBS, Raiffeisen, TrueWealth and Inyova provide a eSteuerauszug. It seems Swissquote/Yuh is simply a bit behind.

That said, copying the totals from a regular Steuerauszug is done in a minute, at least if you’re familiar with it.

1 Like

It’s quite easy. In ZH tax I just added it as a Depotauszug and entered the dividends as Einkommen and the rest as Vermögen. There is a column for withholding tax in the summary.

Should go through.

Not just that, the sending and receiving limits are quite low as well imo. Obviously better than the prepaid app but not that much better than the UBS app (for non UBS customers).

Improvise, adapt, overcome. :melting_face:

But yeah, this is Swiss Banking at its finest.

Why aren’t you using Yuh’s own TWINT app?

Apologies, I missed your previous post on my (on my small phone display).

On another topic, did someone already open a deposit account to rent a flat?
How long does it takes usually?

1 Like

Anyone know of maximum interest cheap & liquid ultra-short term CHF funds (e.g. money market) I could buy with Yuh?

Not interested in 1 year+ funds, as I might need the cash asap. (minimum term risk)

1 Like