Pimp your avatar!

Finally pimped mine^^

2 Likes

After quite some time and with a lot of new joiners I think it’s time to relaunch this thread :sunglasses:

1 Like

@PhilMongoose @Barto @Your_Full_Name @Burningstone @Mirager @Tony1337 @jay @Brndete @Oliv

@TeaGhost @Abs_max @Moustachienne @Helix @Patirou @skyw4lker @Daniel @xerox5003

Sure thing!

20 chars

Could we have a special forum event where everyone cosplays as their avatar for the day? HAHA!

You expect me to walk around like this?

1 Like

Of chorse, man(e).

(20 charachters)

Done abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

I like the letter logos. I just think they are neat.
Don’t be like those guys on corporate calls asking you to turn on the camera. :rofl:

1 Like

I think that’s not an adequate comparison :smiley: An avatar is not even close to being recorded.

And on such calls, I think it’s nice if people who don’t want to go on camera at least put a profile picture or some other picture that helps you associate it your head.

I see the letter logos as placeholders. The colors repeat themselves. You can have two different users with an orange S, and always confuse them. Why not express yourself a little? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Done, can’t be bothered to find something relevant so I put something relevant to where I’m from and like to eat.

5 Likes

You mean, Coop Prix Garantie food?

1 Like

Yep, true to the FIRE movement (which I don’t follow), pinch pennies anywhere!

2 Likes

The other day we had a team meeting on Microsoft Teams with some folks dialling in with the camera on but choosing one of the backgrounds that the Teams app offers out of the box.

Two guys chose the same background (some lofty modern apartment). Couldn’t resist mentioning on the call how amazed I was that colleague X and Y had managed to not only live apparently in the same building with the same room layout on supposedly different floors, but also managed to buy the same furniture at IKEA and arrange it identically. And sit at the same office table on that floor layout.

1 Like

I have been at at least two Hoolie offices where I’ve seen the horse head. One at a rural data center office near Tulsa, Oklahome, and the other one either in San Francisco or Mountain View.

This is a Silicon Valley thing, @Bojack . If you want to be a unicorn someday, you have to start out by training as a … ahem, horsehead.

On the upside, you don’t have to wear those hoofs (you may still do, of course).

(insert neighing sound bite here)

Uploaded a logo, looks like a T on a broun-Orange background :joy:

What some people at my place choose as replacement for camera is a sign saying “can’t see me? I’m saving energy” :man_facepalming:t2:

This is your spirit animal:

IMG_9644

1 Like

Oh that’s exactly what I meant :roll_eyes:
I express myself here by answering to posts and trying to be helpful.

If y’all change your symbols, the colors won’t repeat themselves anymore and I keep my green circle :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m fine with it if we meetup atop of a tree somewhere.

1 Like