[OBSOLETE] CHF transfer (from UBS) to Interactive Brokers in 2021

At which IBKR do you have your account? The customer support for the Ireland one told me that the money will be sent back if I send it to the old CH20 IBAN.

It makes sense, the EU entity is likely not allowed to keep assets outside of EU/EFTA (which explains why it moves from Citi in London to JPMorgan in Germany).

If you want to try a blind transfer I’d attempt the CH96 IBAN listed at captrader: Deposit Funds - captrader.com

edit: or maybe not, since it’s listed in the residence outside EU column and the domicile of the bank is CH

To be honest, I don’t even know. Never worried about it.

Where in the account do I find that info?

Same here, no issues. Just did it again today.

Did you make it in the end? I am resident in Switzerland, simply trying to deposit CHF into my IBKR account. And for some stupid reason IBKR gives me a DE (EUR) IBAN.
Help desk tell me it’s like this for now, nothing to do. Any help?

With which entity is your IB account with?

IB Ireland Limited, 2 Dublin Landings, North Wall Quay North Dock, Dublin D01

That likely explains it, then. Did you make sure they know you don’t have ties to the EU?

Mmm, what do you mean?

Most of us (and afaik still true for new accounts) have accounts at IB UK which is the subsidiary usually handling swiss people.

Check in the account settings

if your legal residence is Switzerland you should be dealing with IB UK as @nabalzbhf said, which has a domestic CH IBAN for deposits.

It’s the same as your screenshot but it’s still IBKR ireland for some reason. Do you know how to change the entity? I’ll ask the online support as well. Thanks! :slight_smile:

I’m interested in finding at which IBKR you are as well.

Would you mind looking this information up for me? You can find that out if you go to fund your account > enter an amount > Bank Wire Instructions >Bank Account Title & Address

Mine is in Ireland as you can see. Is yours as well?

Have you selected CHF as your base/account currency in the application form when opening the account? Maybe accidentally selecting a different account currency can cause this.

If you still have a copy of your application form, maybe review it to see possible reasons for getting an account at a EU subsidiary.

What is the status for people at IBIE. You can only make a CHF transfer to a foreign (German) bank account? Or can you transfer to a Swiss one?

(I am a French resident and so I can’t open at IBUK. At first they forced me to be at ICBE which I did not like since it is based in Hungary. They now offered a way to open at IBIE but I want to see if it is worth it as I now already started at Degiro with which I am quite happy.)

For how much was that cost of 5CHF from UBS to JPMorgan (Germany). That sounds cheap. Does it take into account all loss? What transfer option was used (SHA or other)? Do you know how it scales with the amount that is transferred?

Hi, I am also French resident and was forced into an account in Hungary (IBCE) back in March; the account opening support people said that was the only option. May I ask how were you able to open with IBIE? Since IBUK is not available to us, IBIE is what I was originally targetting and I would be more comfortable with my life savings being over there

Regarding transfers from UBS, yesterday I sent CHF from UBS to JPMorgan to fund my IBCE account; it cost 5CHF using the “breakdown of costs” automatic function in UBS e-banking and the funds were in my IB account within an hour. I have transferred btw 5 and 30k; each time it was only 5CHF

Did that money actually fully arrive at IB? E.g. my brank transfer only cost 3CHF, but the interbanks stole 25CHF somewhere which were just missing from the received amount.

The full CHF amount I sent from UBS arrived in the IB account and 5CHF was charged/billed by UBS for the transaction
are you using UBS as well?

I’ve been sending to IBUK for quite some time now using the CH20 IBAN and it worked w wry time without fees. Is the IBUK CH20 IBAN going away?