Non-fungible Tokens - NFT

I’ve seen that crypto.com allow the creation of nft, but I have no idea what’s the total cost.
If I take a screenshot of a doodle I make and put it there, it might cost me 10s of dollars to do that and then I need to probably hunt down people that want to buy it. It’s like creating a blog, you spend time writing and formatting and so on and then no one sees it.

You need to mint it on a blockchain

I’m actually looking into this to help an artist. She is a painter and usually sells through galleries, art stores, expositions, etc. but she is looking at other business models and even partial ownership. It’s very interesting to be honest and the technical aspect of it keeps me interested.

On crypto.com/NFT, you first need be accepted as a creator. Don’t know the exact requirements but some social media presence is required I assume. Depending on the Blockchain, the cost of minting is different…

Well, at the end of the day the problem is always the same: you need a platform to show off your NFT to sell them.

Anyone want to buy my NFTs? :slight_smile:

Opensea.io accepts everyone. To answer your question. I buy yours if you buy mine:

https://opensea.io/collection/cryptopoops/

As you correctly realized marketing is 99% of a successful NFT collection.

1 Like

Well, at least I might try to make something a bit more artistic. :smiley:

One of the most thoughtful articles I came across about Web3, NFTs, and centralization vs decentralization, by a practitioner.

Bottom line: even if Web3 and the crypto-world is built on a dream of decentralization, currently the whole infrastructure to access, read and write the ETH blockchain is built around only two or three platforms, which reminds me furiously about Web2…

7 Likes

For anyone that has bought and sold an NFT (and even crypto for that matter) how does it work with taxes in Switzerland? When does it become material that it needs to be reported? Is there anything published by the tax authorities?

1 Like

replying to myself but sharing for others… just found this

1 Like

Not sure yet how I’m going to report NFTs. Probably under “Wertschriftenverzeichnis” or “Bewegliches Vermögen” > “Übrige Vermögenswerte” (in ZH).