Non-fungible Tokens - NFT

3x? I’m sure they will refund it.
And, in the end, if the digital world, the crypto values, and the NTSs’ world collapse, that little piece of paper it’s still a stamp… and you can use it to send :email: and :package: .

1 Like

Did you guys already receive it? I got confirmation on the day of sale, paid for it right away but still nothing. I live in Zürich City.

Yes, I received it and also live in Zürich City

Same. Still waiting.

I also received it already on Saturday morning, living in Lucerne.

Reçu à l’instant…

I’ve been tracking real sales and price hikes by following ads on Tutti and Ricardo. So far I’ve seen very few resales, with only the bottom-end offers (50-70 francs) disapearing within the past few days. But even at those prices, it’s a good return.

I have my doubts because as a lifelong stamp collector, I have seen the hobby and therefore the market shrink pretty drastically over the past 10-20 years. Barring a radical reintroduction of stamp collecting to audiences who are used to rapid, ongoing stimulation, which seems unlikely, I don’t see the value of stamps holding (much less growing) over the next decades.

I also imagine we will see NFTs being added to everything from items of clothing to McDonald’s Happy Meal toys in the coming years, possibly with much more interesting features than today’s NFTs. So I’m not sure about NFTs holding much value either.

But as a publicity stunt and experiment, I’ll hand it to the Post, they did a good job. For those of you who think these stamps may grow in value, it’s worth noting that the Austrian post office has issued a number of NFT postage stamps as well: https://crypto.post.at/

2 Likes

Did you also check the opensea sales (https://opensea.io/collection/swiss-crypto-stamp?tab=activity). There are quite a few sales with a total volume of 5.6 ETH at the moment.

To my point: Budweiser Launching Ethereum NFTs as ‘Key to the Budverse’ - Decrypt

I finally got mine yesterday :), I have checked Ricardo and it really fascinates me that people are hiding Public Key on Photos there :smiley: it really shows that Average Joe has no idea whatsoever about Crypto.

2 Likes

True that. Although theoretically it should be possible for some clowns to spam your wallet with junk Polygon tokens using your public key, wouldn’t it? Somehow I don’t imagine that’s their reasoning though, assuming it’s even possible.

But the public key of the contract is also visible at Open Sea. So it’s always visible, right?

I have a more technical question: how do you add an existing polygon based NFT, in this case the Crypto Stamp, to an existing Metamask wallet?

I saw this video, but he opens his Swiss Crypto stamp in a newly created Metamask wallet, using the seed phrase, and from there connects it to Open Sea.

If you want to send the Swiss Crypto Stamp to an existing Wallet, you can use the Swiss Crypto Stamp Website. There is a feature for it.

But I wouldn’t do it, if you want to sell it on OpenSea. Because OpenSea for some reason doesn’t register the transfer of the nft.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation. In this case, an OpenSea’s NTF trader that has 200 swiss stamps (I’m not really on any of the situations :laughing: ) one would need to have 200 different MetaMask wallets, each one with one stamp, with its own seed phrase and password. It’s quite a logistic :card_file_box::card_file_box::card_file_box: :card_index_dividers::card_index_dividers::card_index_dividers: :file_cabinet::file_cabinet::file_cabinet: :exploding_head:

Or you could sell it from one wallet to the other through opensea, that will work :slight_smile:

I feel like you. Probably most in this forum above 18y, feel the same.

However, there are potential uses of NFT:

• see below my previous message (NFT as accessory and augmented reality)
  • NFT as collections. Kids love collecting things so do some adults. I had so many manias (telephone cards, card games, toy cars, manga, etcz). NFT is just another one
  • NFT within the metaverse (think about kids in 2030 or 2040 playing games in the metaverse. They will need to buy accessories and etc. older teens that can’t travel will want to experience a trip to a beach / Ibiza / a vulcano / space through the metaverse. Especially girls will want to bring their accessories with them whilst boys their gadgets)
  • Other sex encounter and even sex business. First step may be the metaverse before real one happens or in the second, sex business may happen through augmented reality. People will want to look smart.
  • etc.

To me the pivot of all of this, it’s an effective augmented reality. Once we get to this level, metaverse and NFT will explode.

For us, the question that matters is how can we make money / invest out of this?

1. Crypto. There is some companies that are producing while label NFT for others to use (BEPRO. One of their development)
  2. Company focused on augmented reality (e.g. I was following Nextech Ar Solutions. I did not have enough time to review in the details but this or other corps could be a good way to get exposure to this trend)
  3. Companies creating a market space for metaverse (the next eBay). No view on any company for now
2 Likes

I was also in this mindset then saw my son and all his friends buying skins on minecraft, dances on fortnite, etc etc… it’s a real thing… in a virtual world.

It’s also the new status signal i.e. having one of these on your twitter profile - you could almost say somewhat akin to buying a rolex. a swatch tells the time just as well yet people still buy rolexs

5 Likes

Anyone here studied the possibility to create NFT? I was wondering if it’s a good idea and makes sense.

2 Likes

My younger brother created a Fortnite NFT and sold it for 750$ a couple of months ago.
He is in the Fornite Card Trading community so it was an easy sell.
The designer he worked with for the NFT decided he didn’t want to make more so he sold just the one. They split the money 50/50

1 Like

I remember with the Game Diablo 2 that people were buying arms and accessories for quite a money and I am not sure when Diablo 2 was out but at least 10- to 15 years

2 Likes