Neon-bank fee free worldwide

Personally, I find Neon’s compromise very bad… I’m not a fan either of the fact that some services are unlocked only if a certain level of spending is reached (cf. the different insurances offered via Neon metal).

In this case, I might as well pay CHF 8.00 for the UBS package and not have to compromise on the services linked to expenses. For a use mainly in Switzerland (i.e. without sending money in foreign currency and/or without going on vacations every XX weeks), I think that there are offers, even paying ones, more interesting than the Neon metal package.
I would have hoped for more real added value for this price, like a cashback or something that would justify the price of the package …

2 Likes

Usage question.

I’m migrating to Neon and wanted to add our recurring monthly orders (childcare, rental fees, etc).
Our next transfer date would be end of May and my account balance is way lower than what is needed for the transfer (<100CHFvs 3k+). The order did not go through and I had to delete it after putting in all the details.

Is this because of the low current balance? Because that should be irrelevant for Neon, the money will arrive 1 day before the transfer-out anyway. Would they want to block/preauthorize the whole amount before the transfer date?

This is slightly annoying.

Other than that:

• TWINT registration with UBS app went fast (although the Neon card can’t be scanned, so one has to type the details in)
  • eBill registration switch from PostFinance went well (we’ll see the next month if it worked :stuck_out_tongue: )
  • I’d like to have a 2-layer (main and sub-category) categorization engine and a CSV download of the data, I wrote them, we’ll see what they answer - I’m not expecting much in this regard to be honest.
2 Likes

Is there a possibility to establish payment templates in neon? I haven’t found a way :roll_eyes:

No possibility to create a template (at least not for the moment).

dammit - so how am I gonna pay CC expenses into 3-4 different buckets, type all in all the time by hand (like animals?! :smiley: )?!

I see these nuances coming out slowly… not reassuring…

Why?

If you‘ve previously made a payment to the same recipient, the payment information will show up in your „Your contacts“ to select and reuse!? I certainly don’t type in payment details for recurring payments every time.

1 Like

like CS? Seriously :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

OK cool, that’s what I wanted. As I haven’t yet wired any more anywhere I only have like 3 contacts that show up there. :smiley:
If I can reuse the same “contacts” that solves the issue, thanks!

you just need to read the news, this one is not even that old:

The famous Swiss bank account and the use of that apart. I also think CS would be in my opinion one of the companies that would definitely not fit with my values. Just check the recent archepelagos and Green-something found which they did a really terrible job and lost billions and still they have super high paid jobs a massive bonus but what is the added value that this company brings to the people? If you are a shareholder of CS I would feel pretty f***** as they get their salaries where the sharevalue is where? close to be a penny stock. I think the big banks are one of the main points why I would love to replace them with crypto markets which would do basically the same job as the banksters do but with out the nature of the banksters and for a small portion of the coast.

we can debate that one if it’s “playing the system” or downright cheating on the taxpayers. However, let me read the article for you:

"They include a human trafficker in the Philippines, a Hong Kong stock exchange boss jailed for bribery, a billionaire who ordered the murder of his Lebanese pop star girlfriend and executives who looted Venezuela’s state oil company, as well as corrupt politicians from Egypt to Ukraine.

This is not “oh my country would tax me to hell, please safekeep this money for me”.
These are such large red flags that they don’t even fit CS’s own compliance textbooks that every employee needs to read and study.

2 Likes

The best thing that could happen to CS would be to be bought by UBS.

But we’re getting away from the original topic gentlemen :wink::grin:.

1 Like

Totally offtopic cmon guys

2 Likes

Guys, please stick to the topic. See the New Moderation Policy if you are not aware of it (though many of you were already involved when I had to create them).

4 Likes

just trying to get back to topic. Who do you see Neon compared to Revolut. It’s true that I would not really feel comfortable to have my main account at Revolut but the app for me is really the top tier from my perspective. Where Neon is great that is backed by swiss laws etc. but from a software standpoint their App is really basic and I do not like the link to other platforms like Selma etc. As mentioned in another thread I’m not convinced at their prices either. So as a conclusion Neon will not be my main account in the near future.

1 Like

Personnnally I use Neon to temporary park cash if needed and for payments abroad during vacations. I closed revolut.

1 Like

Regarding Revolut vs Neon, I know people that uses Revolut like Twint: One person pays the bill at the restaurant and the other pays him their part. You could probably do the same with Neon, but you need to ask your friend for a bank account number instead of using a phone number.

You can use Twint with neon.

2 Likes

You can’t twint EUR. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

What do you think about the actual app? I really think from a pure user experience the Revolut app is really the best app that I have seen so far. I liked that they informed me and froze the card when I was traveling to the US and I needed to quickly de-freeze it to confirm that I’m actually in the US, I like to use of the virtual cards which gets destroyed after every online shopping.

Neon app instead just feels like previous generation without any AI behind. Swisscard app is even worse.

2 Likes