Need help for interior design

3 Likes

wow, how did you create those images? :open_mouth::muscle:
quite impressive how they match OPs flat and how real it looks…

2 Likes

Thank you. I took the floor plan, scaled it in 3D Max, and based on that, I built the space. From experience, I know all the kitchen dimensions, so it was even easier there, and everything matched perfectly. Additionally, all the furniture, lighting, and even mirrors have been selected, and everything can be purchased in Switzerland.

6 Likes

1 Like

This gets now a bit too obvious, but welcome anyway! :laughing:

8 Likes

4 Likes

Yeah, you are right. I didn’t think about checking something.

@designer , I will delete your second account, but I will be kind to leave the first one.

1 Like

Quick update:

Bought a Jutzeler wardrobe in XXLLutz in Freiburg for 2099€ (-50% off currently), which would have costed twice as much in Livique (with -20% off), so I‘m very happy with it.

Bed I‘m going to order at Livique for 3.4k (-28% off), the one I already sleep on with some optic adjustments (she decided on the design 2 years ago). Couch not sure yet, dinner table looking on FB and Tutti now.

@designer
Thanks for the pictures! I never thought about using an interior designer / graphical designer, but this looks amazing. Will think about it for sure when moving into a house (hopefully not in the distant furure).

1 Like

You sleep on a wardrobe?
:smiley:

1 Like

Ok, so here’s a very mustachian comparison

450 bed (got the frame for free, “invested” into a new mattress+slatted frame since)
119 wardrobe (3m NÖRK hanger 69 + 40 for shoes)
200 couch (visit your local Brockenhaus)
400 Samsung 43" Oled TV (200 of which was a gift cert)
200 desk (twelve years ago)
200 kitchen/bathroom stuff (max)
300 dinner table and chairs (hardwood cherry table + six chairs, see above)
100 lamps and mirrors

Spending is a choice :smiley:

4’500 Vitra Eames Lounge Chair (Ricardo, new but without certs, worth every penny)

7 Likes

Sorry about your break up.

If I may say so, you are kitting out the apartment to a high standard. Are you sure you will live there long term, is there not a chance you will meet someone else in the next couple of years and move?

Otherwise, in case it helpw we recently splashed out and bought items from Pfister for less than these prices, which I would say is higher spec than Livique. A tip is to look up the name of the model online, we found stuff cheaper online and showed it to the vendor in Pfister who matched the price.

TV and roborok you could wait for deals (we got our S7 2 years ago for 400 CHF & isn’t 77" a monstrosity for such an apartment?)

4 Likes

I’m using an Ikea bed that I bought in 2005 and which has survived 10 moves with me including from UK to CH. I bought an upgraded version with mattresses which I put in the spare bedroom and was used by my parents for 2 weeks until I downsized - I sold for 200 to get rid of it, so you can get bargains (the buyer drove from Zurich to Basel to get it).

I have Ikea Pax wardrobes - they also survived a few moves, but are showing it unlike the bed - I also gave away these - you can often get wardrobes for cheap as they are a pain to move and not so expensive.

50" TV, I got for free (I bought a 40" 2nd hand for around 200)

I have desks for free - people are giving away high quality desks very frequently for free. I suspect more now in the post-covid RTO era. Again a bulky item that people just want to get rid of.

Sofa - I gave away my old one after downsizing only to buy back the exact same model 2nd hand for 50 + 50 truck hire. Sofas there are plenty, but I would actually recommend going for new as they can be tatty. In our case, with young kids, they’ve made several good attempts at destroying it already. We look forward to them getting older so we can get rid of it and get a nicer one.

You can get very good quality furniture if your taste is more towards the antique side e.g. dark hardwood furniture.

Lastly, this is a Mustacian forum, so no surprises that there are cheap options. But also, if you enjoy your furniture, then enjoy your money and spend on it. I’m more of a functional guy so as long as it works well and is comfortable, I don’t care how it looks. If you’re newly single, some retail therapy might help and anyway, I guess you might want a nice pad to impress the ladies…

6 Likes

The curious thing about Switzerland especially is that the quality of 2nd-hand furniture, especially hardwood without scratches, is extremely high, at reasonable if not negligible prices. So of course you can pay through the nose for laminated particle board if you so desire, but you really really really don’t have to.

And that’s on top of what you could get for (near) free on Ricardo/Tutti :smiley:

4 Likes

Agree. Same goes for premium office furniture. If you are lucky enough, your employer decides to revolutionize collaboration and productivity :thinking: by overhauling the whole office just when you need some items :wink:
My home office is a mix of thus decommissoned and custom-made furniture.

Regarding good deals on used stuff, I figure there’re two factors:

The 2nd hand market is less efficient due to size compared to, say, eBay in Germany. And even there I guess it’s difficult if you are picky.

Related to that, there’re lot of high incomes. Seems to me many buyers consider 2nd hand only at huge discounts, if at all. Otherwise, they avoid the hassle, limited choice or any “stigma” around it and buy new. And sellers have long written-off their purchases and at one point just want to get rid of unused bulky items.

3 Likes

This :smiley:

I‘m pretty frugal in general, but I like to spend money on things that matter to me. Electronics, furniture and vacations.

3 Likes

So, not really a helpful contribution, but I finally have to share this anyway:

I keep seeing this topic in the forum overview page and literally every time I read it as “Need help for inferior design” …

My lizard brain immediately jumps to action and wants to respond as it seemingly feels suitably qualified for great answers on inferior designs.

2 Likes

Same, plus Food :+1:

2 Likes