Need help for interior design

We are men, we can live like this:

In all seriousness, for me, I’m happy to just get stuff off FB marketplace. It is functional and good for the environment. With small kids, they destroy everything anyway.

But if you want something that looks nicer and it adds to your QoL, by all means go for it.

13 Likes

So the general consensus seems to be to buy everything used and save at least 10k. I‘ll think about that for sure. Btw here are the pictures:

9 Likes

Have you thought about integrating the TV into the workspace?

If I can start from scratch (w/o wife and 2 daughters, I’d go for something like this:

10 Likes

You‘re lucky you didn‘t pursuit a career in interior design :rofl:

15 Likes

On the plus side, it would also save you from any future costs of having a wife and 2 kids! :stuck_out_tongue:

18 Likes

Not necessarily everything (e.g. I’d never buy a used mattress or pillow; probably sofa neither), but table/desk, chairs, tv board, even some gadgets etc. - I see no reason not to consider.

There is a great discount on second hand sofa if you can rent a truck and get 2 buddies to move it.

Your place looks amazing. It sounds great for a new start to obtain new belongings without history.

5 Likes

Yeah, sofas, wardrobes and desks are always in plentiful supply as it is difficult for people to get rid of them.

1 Like

why not, it’s living in a hotel :slight_smile:

Few years back I moved from a larger apartment to a smaller apartment and I was quite concerned about it and if I would feel comfortable

I actually asked an interior designing student for a service. It only costed me 100 CHF at that time but she gave me 3D pictures of the layout together with recommendations of furniture that would fit in the apartment and even online links. I told her I would like to spend max XX CHF and she managed furniture in that budget.

In my case I only needed help for living room so it didn’t cost that much. But you might want to try such an approach. I think I got a good deal because she was still a student and looking for some experience. So trying newbies wouldn’t be bad idea. I was quite happy with it and I think she made some good suggestions for furniture sizes which I wouldn’t have thought about

In US, there is a company called Modsy which offers similar service for 90 USD (they offered 3 designs) but I don’t know if they still exist

Slatted Frame and Matteress. I support that these two things are important for your sleep. But the Frame itself? I would go for a used frame, and pimp it up. or better, first try with the used bed filling (or at least slatted frame) and change only when required.

And from my personal experience: when moving in with your future beloved one, the matteress is probably the first thing that is replaced, sometimes even the whole bed

2 Likes

Yeah definitely the next Miss Cortana will make sure to redesign your furnitures (and life).
Do not spend too much on something that may not last.

3 Likes

A bed is something that you spend a lot of time in and is vital for your health and well-being. Buy something that you like - that doesn’t necessarily mean it has to be expensive, but it could and if so, then so be it…

which standing desk are you going for? I’m also looking for one currently

No idea at the moment. Still have to do some research. But the good ones cost around 1k.

Have you ever thought of just buying just the electrical desk frame (if you have access to a German package address then Flexispot is quite good) and buying a separate table top?

Total cost would be much cheaper and you could individualize to fit your needs.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea! Elektrisch verstellbares Tischgestell E7 Pro mit C-Fuß | FlexiSpot → So getting the E7 Pro desk frame for 400 EUR.

3 Likes

Something like this could also be an option, quality is good.

1 Like

Hello! How about this design?
I’m a new user, I can’t attach many pictures and links to furniture, lamps etc. Send me your email on Instagram and I will send you a links to all the furniture, lamps, decor and other things that I used in the visualizations. And on my instagram you see more pictures.
@ i_am_unemployed_designer

3 Likes

3 Likes