Most cost-efficient European ETF

Invesco launched their fund that is now the cheapest World ETF

https://www.etf.com/sections/news/invesco-equity-price-war-europes-cheapest-all-world-etf

2 Likes

“The Invesco FTSE All-World UCITS ETF (FWRA) is listed on the Six Swiss Exchange”

So why am I unable to find it there and why doesn’t Invesco say so?
(Neither do they list the Swiss exchange don’t for the distributing shares)

*Europe’s

0.15% doesn’t sound cheaper than VT’s 0.07%.

1 Like

What I found an interesting and obviously overlooked news is

SSGA’s SPDR MSCI ACWI IMI UCITS ETF (SPYI) slashed its fees from 0.40% to 0.17% in March this year

However upon a closer look I don’t find it that interesting. It suppose to track MSCI ACWI IMI (global with small caps) index with 9000+ constituents, but the ETF itself has “only” 1974 holdings. Which is less than 2419 holdings of SPDR MSCI ACWI UCITS ETF (TER 0.4% p.a.), an ETF that tracks a smaller index without small caps, 2883 constituents.

No conclusion for now :grin:

2 Likes

Barely anyone mentionned Amundi Prime Global/Amundi Prime Emerging Markets so far in this thread. :slight_smile:

Ticker PRAW / PRAM for 0.05% / 0.10%

The only downside in my opinion is fund domicile LU and the volume of the EM.

1 Like

chart

I’m not particularly concerned about lowest expense ratio. It doesn’t necessarily buy Quality.

1 Like

I did :japanese_goblin:

LU domicile is a big negative. It’s more than 0.14% of extra “tax TER” (L1WT on the US part).

2 Likes

New listing in Zürich:

SPDR MSCI ACWI IMI UCITS ETF

5 Likes

As a value-investor, I prefer to buy out of favour companies and industries. It isn’t surprising that a good chunk of my portfolio has been in: energy, mining, defence, tobacco, coal, uranium.

I think of it as a ‘buy low’ strategy. I feel that tobacco is really the only one that will be disappearing relatively soon but I keep it in the portfolio for defensiveness and robust cash flow in the near term.

The number of holdings on justetf seems to be wrong. From the factsheets:

• SPDR MCSI ACWI: 2414 holdings
  • SPDR MSCI ACWI IMI: 2620 holdings

But still only ~200 holdings more. ACWI has also a higher TER of 0.4% compared to 0.17% for the IMI even with a larger fund size. And is listed in CHF@SIX and the IMI version only in USD@SIX.

So also no conclusion for now.

1 Like

SPDR MSCI ACWI IMI UCITS ETF looks really interesting to me. The amount of holdings increased to 2610 and performance wise it is comparable to VWRA but TER is lower (0.17 vs 0.22). Do you still have no conclusion on this @Dr.PI ?

SPDR® MSCI ACWI UCITS ETF (IE00B44Z5B48) currently lists 2409 holdings.

The “last” two, that is the smallest stock positions held and tradeable of which seem to be China Northern Rare Earth (Group) High-Tech Co. Ltd. and Horizon Construction Development Limited at 0.000212% or 0.000073% of NAV, respectively.

That’s 21 (or 7) Cents on every CHF 100’000 invested.

2 Likes

I’ve been looking at this: UBS Irl ETF plc - MSCI World UCITS ETF (WRDUSW), link here: UBS Funds - Mutual funds and separate accounts | UBS Switzerland

• listed on SIX
  • 0.1% TER
  • Accumulating
  • 1’498 holdings
1 Like

Traded in USD.

Its quite a small fund with below 100 mio assets. In addition the Tracking difference suggests that the fund may be slightly costlier than the TER suggests (keep in mind: Tracking difference is a backwardc looking metric): UBS ETF (IE) MSCI World UCITS ETF (USD) A-acc (IE00BD4TXV59) - ETF Tracking Differences and Performance

With the reduction of the TER, the fund should be able hopefully to pass the 100 mio AUM metric in the next 12 months.

1 Like

You have the WRDUSY, traded in CHF with the same TER.

1 Like

But only traded in USD@SIX. Which I find weird since SPDR MSCI ACWI UCITS ETF is traded in CHF@SIX

I can find the ETF and it is also part of a 0% ETF of neon invest

1 Like

They added it since then. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like