Mining / best strategy?

You mentioned here using coinbase for your BTC, so I assume you also store your BTC with them, if yes, do you consider them “safe” enough? or do you transfer your BC somewhere else?

And do you know if from coinbase it is possible to exchange BTC or ETH to CHF and transfer it to your bank account easily?

I use Coinbase because they are a listed company and thus more regulated. There are way cheaper options, but I don’t trust them.

Exchanging ETH or BTC to another crypto currency or real money is easy. But I never tried to transfer anything.

Right, I use Kraken for now but not sure if this is the safest one, also they miss support for quite a lot of coins. I might open an account with Coinbase at least to try them out.

For now my plan is to payout in CHF to my bank account my mining costs and keep the rest, hopefully safe, on one of these crypto exchanges.

Coinbase seems to be pretty good. But I should change to Coinbase Pro:

Thanks for the interesting articles. I also found this one which compares Kraken to Coinbase

And finally it looks like the cheapest crypto exchange is binance. I might open both biance and coinbase just to see which one suits my specific case best (not buying crypto) just hodling and/or paying out in fiat.

Why not just mine BTC? I know nothing about Crypto though, please excuse my ignorance.

I just switched to Coinbase Pro. It was extremely easy and fast!

1. Login into Coinbase Pro, same account name and password.
  2. Deposit ETH/BTC and chose the option “Transfer from Coinbase to Coinbase Pro”. It’s instantly done and for free.
  3. Edit flightsheet with new mining address.
1 Like

Nice job, you should now in theory have better fees based on a percentage as far as I understand. I should open my Coinbase account this week as soon as I have a moment…

1 Like

hey Guys!
Is it still worth to do Mining ? I don’t have any Gaming / Mining PC and i need to buy all the equipment? JUst let me know, if not i stop right here with researching :slight_smile:

If you don’t have the equipment, don’t bother.

1 Like

I hear you can acquire the hardware via Compass Mining and they will organise hosting too, in locations where electricity is cheap.

1 Like

Interesting but then you miss all the DIY fun and have to pay another company for all the costs which reduces your revenue, is it then still worth in terms of profit…

1 Like

They are amazing, they often offer bundle with better pricing, versus buying miners one by one.

1 Like

@stojano I was wondering if you also saw your DOGE payouts on zergpool cut by around a factor of 8 since the 13 of December? Any ideas what happened?

yes… Beginning of Dec I moved from DOGE to mine XMR, just left a small PC to mine further… and it was not worth it anymore. Don’t know what happened… I switched yesterday the last one to mine Monero (supportxmr and xmrrig).

Yeah, really weird… If I by chance find out something I let you know. Funnily enough I also started mining XMR instead but did not transition everything yet because I would like to continue with DOGE with the hope that this is just temporary. As pool for XMR i use moneroocean.stream, I like their slick user interface.

1 Like

I’m with https://supportxmr.com/ … and thought I’d find time this holiday to migrate to p2pool.io (it’s more decentralized, but you have to run your own node… it’s not rocket science but need time to do it).

1 Like

Ah interesting I would also like to try out having an own node one day, but if I understand correctly you need to have it running 24/7 and quite some disk space in order to accommodate the chain.

yes. usually, if you have more than 1 pc, you set up your node on one pc and connect all other miners to that one.

Hi Guys,
Is there any Tutorial on how to start with mining? I would like to startbut i don’t even have the hardware…
Thanks