Migros CC: Migros is leaving Cembra soon

The need for paper mail to set it up. This is why avoided it so far.

1 Like

When I cancelled my previous Cumulus with Cembra, the process took almost 3 months. I wouldn’t be surprised if they use the “Covid” excuse to announce delays in processing applications

The difference for me between LSV and ebill is that with ebill, I’m the one who has control and authorizes or not the payment, and for me, that’s reason enough not to use LSV.

5 Likes

Takes less time to do once than approving ebill everytime

Sure, whatever works for you

In principal, I’m not saying that LSV is a perfect solution, but am of an opinion that the only drawback is having to send a letter once, hence making it superior vs. ebill. Automation counts far more for me vs. having to approve the payment every single time. Control on LSV is given in any case by reading through the statement anyway, so don’t buy that argument from any of you whatsoever

tbh I do not really care if you use ebill or LSV (to each his own), I just simply cannot stand the constant argumentation of ebill being so much technologically superior, while it’s simply not

2 Likes

You can also have a standing approval for all future invoices if needed, with criteria like upper limit of the bill etc.

3 Likes

It is. I don’t know banks’ internals, but I guess LSV is being maintained as a legacy solution and is in the process of elimination, that’s why we don’t hear much about it from banks, utilities companies etc.

1 Like

Also eBill is a lot more convenient when you switch banks. With eBill you just have to login from the new banking => done.

9 Likes

eBill is one of the main reason I terminate my contract with this bank. This, and the fact that they push the badest product to their existing customer (no choice of the 3 shops at 1% cashback).

Cherry on the cake: I received their new (unsollicited) Certo card some days after the resiliation confirmation of my account
 what a joke.

2 Likes

I also received the letter from Cembra with the Certo World card as substitute to my old one.
I decided to keep it as is: the 3 default merchants are actually the ones I use the most (I shop more at Coop and I also have the Supercard CC from them).

Indeed I will setup a LSV ASAP

Has anyone received the Certo One card yet? I haven’t heard back from Cembra yet

Same, haven’t heard anything back.

2 Likes

I’ve received the new Certo One card these days, finally.

But I did receive the week before another version of the credit card agreement application to sign
 The process certainly seems to be flawed

2 Likes

Hi guys, maybe a bit offtopic but what is the easist way to cancel the Cembra card?
Is there any email or phone number you can call?

I really don’t want to feel trapped in the past and have to send a letter.

Try the mail inside the website - otherwise letter.

1 Like

Call them up and cancel. It will be effective immediately and you will receive a confirmation letter from them a week or so later.

1 Like

I still haven’t received my Certo One cards. It’s been more than 4 weeks now. Why run so many ads in train stations if you can’t handle the subscriptions during summer in a timely manner

Funny this happened to me too. I received the very same documents to sign, add IDs and send back to them but after two days I received another one asking only for the signature of the additional card owner. It is quite a shame how terrible it works

Was just on the phone with them, currently their queue is 5 weeks for new applications.

2 Likes

Not a great experience with the Migros customer support for me.

They offer the option to have a free custom design for the card, within a few parameters.

• I took up the opportunity and used a personal landscape vacation photo. Absolutely nothing could even remotely enter into the “banned” categories.
  • No news for about two weeks;
  • I suddenly receive an email telling me “Your photo was rejected and you didn’t upload a new one within the deadline we gave you, so you’ll be issued a standard one”. I triple checked, there hasn’t been any communication from them since I applied. They also didn’t explain how or why the photo wasn’t compliant.
  • I tried calling their hotline and spent about an hour and a half with the waiting music over three separate phone calls. Two of them resulted in a dead end where an operator told me “I’ll connect you to the right person” and there wasn’t anyone after he/she transferred me.
  • Once I managed to reach the appropriate person, she told me “we can’t do anything, it’s all handled by our French partner that makes the cards”.
  • After insisting to know how to change my card (that I received with a standard design in the meantime), she told me to send an email and wait&see. It has now been 10 days, still no news, not even a ackowledgment of receipt.

Overall, the personalised design really isn’t anything important, but the customer service experience around it was an orange flag at best.

I wasn’t able to reach the hotline (in french) after multiple phone calls

I received a paper letter today from Cembra for the Certo! One Mastercard in order to send a recent bank statement with my name and address on it.

I am still on course.

1 Like