Meetup in Bern for coffee/beer and chat about FI (RE) Plans ? :)

If it’s for a drink, we could do that earlier? Otherwise, we meet for dinner (yes, I eat extremely early :P).

Ah oh okay, I don’t mind earlier, I was just worried about the sun hitting us too hard since the plan was to chill in Bärenpark/on the banks of the Aare. But there’s definitely trees that can provide shade, so I don’t mind meeting at 3 or 4pm. What do you all think?

Both 4 or 6 work for me. I prefer sitting down somewhere for a drink and something to eat.

Alright can we settle on ***Saturday August 13th at 6pm on the terrace of the Tramdepot Inn next to Bärenpark ?

Yep, see you then and there

2 Likes

13th August at 18:00
Tramdepot
Noted and see you there :wink:

1 Like

See you there and must be 20 characters!

1 Like

Heey!
Can i also join you guys?
So it will be 1 more person.
18:00 August at Tramdepot would be fine.

1 Like

Awesome, see you all there! :slight_smile:

I’ll try to put one of these sign/flags on our table so that we recognize the rallying point

Heey!
Can i also join you guys?
So it will be 1 more person.

Of course! The more the merrier :blush: , you’re very welcome to join, and so are other people reading this thread and might be interested in the Meetup !

2 Likes

haha well I don’t think an A4 sign on a table on the terrace of Tramdepot will draw much attention anyway, especially not in Bern :sweat_smile:

Hi @NicoFireDoc,
sorry, I’m late to the game. I go on vacation once a year, and all of a sudden, the Fire community in Berne is on the loose…

Thank you for taking the initiative here - we had meetings here in 2019 and 2020, but things cooled down (also this, Corona things somewhat interfered with those meetings).

Will you take care of the reservation? The old Tramdepot is pretty booked, esp. on a Saturday. And if the weather is good, we’ll be sure to have a table on the terrace.

I just added my availability in the Doodle, 6:00 pm on the 13th of August is fine for me.

Btw. There are a few alternatives to Doodle that a light on ads and user tracking, e. g. Nuudel.

See you soon!
Cheers, J

1 Like

Hi Johnny,
It’s great to hear you’ll be joining us!
I’ve already taken care of our reservation at the Tramdepot - we should have a large table for at least 8 people in a quiet corner of the terrace and in the shade.

I hope this first Bernese FIRE-Meetup in 2 years will be a success and that we can make it a monthly or bimonthly thing.

See you all soon!

Nick

2 Likes

Too bad i can’t make it for the 13. But I will be in for the next meet up!

So good there is finally something in Bern’s area :sunglasses:

Enjoy!

See you all on Saturday at 6pm :slight_smile:

Thanks for the initiative and the organization @NicoFireDoc
If it is still possible, we (2 parents + 1 four-year old) would also like to join.

3 Likes

Of course @rumblebelly, there’s room for you two and the little one …it’s never too early to start investing! :wink:

Much looking forward to meeting you all!

Edit: I called Tramdepot and asked for an upgrade in the reservation: we’ll get a table that should comfortably accomodate at least 10 people :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow I wasn’t expecting that we will be so many. I guess there is no need for the fire signs anymore :smile: Thanks Nick for organising with the restaurant.

Short heads-up: Tomorrow Buskers will start and continue until Saturday. So there will be many people coming to Bern, especially to old town. Public transportation will be limited.

Easy way to get to Bärengraben will be via Rosengarten by walking down and enjoying the view.

For the early comers I suggest you walk through the old town and enjoy some shows.

See you there!

1 Like

Thanks for getting this started, I live in Biel, I’ll be in France on that day, but next time it happens, I’d love to tag along!
(And if someone lives in Biel and wants to meet up, feel free to drop me a message.)

2 Likes

Sounds good @brice , we’ll be expecting you for the next one then ! :slight_smile:

Agree: Using the opportunity to enjoy some street music and theater is a good idea (just returning home from the first evening of Buskers).
I’d also not use the car to come to Bern. The bus no. 12, however, is OK: there will be a detour, but it will drop you off at the Bärengraben stop right in front of the Tramdepot.
J.

1 Like