List of mustachian ETFs / Funds

To all investors,
find below a list of ETFs/ Funds & products the swiss mustachians decided to be good for their portfolios!
apart from cash:

Stocks

World stocks/ All-World
Vanguard FTSE All-World UCITS ETF
Vanguard Total International Stock ETF (VXUS) [ex-US]

World stocks/ Developed
db x-trackers MSCI World Index UCITS ETF (DR)
Vanguard FTSE Developed World UCITS ETF (VEVE)
iShares Core MSCI World UCITS ETF USD (Acc) (EUNL/SWDA)

Emerging Markets
iShares Core MSCI EM IMI UCITS ETF USD (Acc)
VFEM
MSCI Emerging Markets (CBMEM)

World small caps
Vanguard FTSE All-World ex-US Small-Cap ETF

US Stocks
VUSA
Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF (VTI)
Vanguard S&P 500 UCITS ETF
S&P 500 (CSSPX)

US small cap
MSCI USA Small Cap (CSUSS)

US small value
Vanguard Small-Cap Value ETF (VBR)

European Stocks
STOXX Europe 600 (SC0C)
db x-trackers EURO STOXX 50 UCITS ETF (DR) 1D

Swiss stocks
UBS ETF (CH) SPI® Mid (CHF) A-dis
SMIM (UBS ETF)
SPI UBS ETF SPI A-dis
SLICHA
iShares Core SPI
CSIF Swiss Small and Mid Cap Index Fund (CSS1)

Far east
MSCI Pacific ex Japan (CSPXJ)

Style / Sector
Technology S&P US Capped 20% (XLKS)

Bonds

World bonds
iShares Global Government Bond UCITS ETF
iShares Global Corporate Bond UCITS ETF

Swiss bonds
Swiss government bonds (iShares 3-7)
iShares Swiss Dom Gov Bond 7-15 (CH)
iShares Core CHF Corporate Bond (CH)

13 Likes

Your contributions will be added to the original post :slight_smile:

CSIF Swiss Small and Mid Cap Index Fund (CSS1) TER 0.17, traded as Sponsored Fund on SIX, like Shares or ETF’s

2 Likes

CSIF Swiss Small and Mid Cap Index Fund (CSS1) TER 0.17

seriously! i wanted that for a while, but only found it within swisscanto funds… need to look it up! thanks for sharing!

yes, I was also waiting for this. Although many of the other CS Index Funds come with higher costs then equivalent ETF’s. Here some links:

https://www.credit-suisse.com/media/am/docs/ch/index-solutions/prodlist-index-funds-retail-en.pdf

https://www.six-swiss-exchange.com/funds/sponsored_funds_en.html

I wonder if funds have lower their fees or the info I had were wrong.
The T.E.R on fund search provider are often wrong

Amazing list!

Here is mine:

S&P 500 (CSSPX)
MSCI USA Small Cap (CSUSS)
Technology S&P US Capped 20% (XLKS)
STOXX Europe 600 (SC0C)
MSCI Emerging Markets (CBMEM)
MSCI Pacific ex Japan (CSPXJ)

1 Like

iShares Core SPI (CH)
Vanguard S&P 500 UCITS ETF
db x-trackers EURO STOXX 50 UCITS ETF (DR) 1D

Can any of these funds be bought within a Pillar 3a? I am looking to fund my Pillar 3a fund soon - if anybody has any lists that would be great. thx

@SwissChalet
no, almost none of them are available for 3a, sadly. Here i point out the swisscanto funds and the VZ depot, which currently are the most reasonable options in my opinion. the latter offers up to 80% stock ETF exposure with SLI, MSCI world, and a few more.

One that seems interesting and is not in the list is db x-trackers MSCI World Index UCITS ETF (DR) 1C: https://www.justetf.com/ch-en/etf-profile.html?isin=IE00B3XXRP09

T.E.R. of 0.19%, fund size of 1.450M $ and it is available on SIX.

Great list! Please change the “world” section and divide it in All- World (includ EM) like the FTSE all-world and in MSCI World which is actually only developed countries.

2 Likes

Maybe it would be better to create a Google Sheet with synthesized info regarding each ETF? I’ve built one for myself to make it easier to remember/calculate TER depending on which exchange I buy the ETF from:

Of course transaction costs depend on the broker, but people could link from their own Google Sheets to the data there to extract the data they are interested in.

Note: Transaction costs are assuming a buy and a sell in a 1-year period.

3 Likes

@pombeirp
I thought of this before since this forum does not allow for tables.
I can make one in the next days… or you can make one and share the link.

@nugget, I ended up doing a Google Sheet to discuss costs in another thread, and that document contains the list of ETFs (last sheet in the document): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BSQSwR_Dcv9pEsfSEm9LV7awHXedMaDVNWqHLMJIWWE/edit?usp=sharing

Up to you how you want to proceed next. I can give you write access, or you can use the data there as a starting point for a new document and post the link back here.

Hey @all,
here I’d like to create a data base for ETF data, taylored for us mustachians for helping us select the suitable funds. Mobius’ and my existing sheets will contribute :wink: and I hope i can motivate some of you to pick some funds and put together the info!

1. what funds would you like to have in there?
  2. what parameters would you like in there?

I start with:

Name
Ticker
Index
Domicile
TER
Total Witholding Ratio (via L1WT L2WT)
recent Dividend Yield (maybe 5 years avg?)

stock holdings

size (Asset under Management)
regional distribution - NA EU EM PAC (taken from vanguard factsheets)
size factor (see in the table what i mean)
style factor (see in the table what I mean)

Funds:
almost all of those I am interested in are already there :wink:

thanks for contributions!

2 Likes

Vanguard FTSE All-World UCITS ETF (VWRL) is the core part of my portfolio. The TER is 0.25% which is reasonable, but I recently came up with a solution to reduce it.

Switching to Vanguard FTSE Developed Markets (VEVE, TER 0.18%) plus Vanguard FTSE Emerging Markets (VFEM, TER 0.25%) in ratio of 90:10 will result in same market exposure, but effective TER of 0.187%.

Alternatively, similar combination would be available with MSCI tracking indexes.

ComStage MSCI World TRN UCITS ETF (CMBWR, TER 0.2%) plus Xtrackers MSCI Emerging Markets UCITS ETF 1C (XMME, TER 0.2%) for an effective total TER of 0.2%.

All mentioned ETFs trade on SIX in CHF, which is likely to suit most currently investing in VWRL.

2 Likes

Dear all,

Thanks for the interesting post. Did someone actually updated a database or a list? I would like to contribute :slight_smile:

I’m not sure this is even realistic nowadays. For US listed ETFs, basically all Vanguard ETFs are a viable choice and now Fidelity has even funds with 0.00% TER.

For Europe, there’s now quite a huge choice of ETFs within 0.05-0.09%. For MSCI World, there are at least 3 ETFs with lowish TER (0.12-0.19%) from Lyxor, HSBC and Xtrackers (also in CHF on SIX). The Ishares Emerging Markets IMI with 0.18% TER is as cheap as anything in the US and is probably the single best EM ETF as it includes small caps as well.

I find the only thing really missing in EU-listed ETFs are cheap developed world Small Cap ETFs. The SPDR MSCI World small cap (WOSC) has 0.45% TER (but is available in CHF on SIX), and the Ishares MSCI World small cap (WSML or IUSN) has 0.35% TER.

Actually considering all this, the popular VWRL is not such a good choice anymore due to high TER of 0.25% and high spreads. The same bad spread situation concerns the SIX-listed Vanguard VEVE, VEUR and VFEM.

3 Likes

That’s my impression as well. Vanguard is good for US listed ETFs, for Europe iShares and X-trackers seem better options.

3 Likes