Internet Hotspot 4G+ 29.-/month

Hi @lorenzogm, same answer than @dabeda concerning Yallo and my Wifi Infrastructure.

I work from home, with constant Skype Video Calls while my SO watches Netflix or Youtube. Never noticed problem on that front. Same for download (alright there it might take 20 min to download a 2 GB video whereas you would download it faster but hey unless you’re not downloading 100GB of stuff each day, and even do it overnight)

IMO, as long as your 4G signal is good at your place and are a normal internet user (like 98% of the population) you won’t notice a difference.

I guess this whole speed thing is at a certain point more a marketing thing that something most poeple would notice in their daily use.

@dabeda @Daniel25
That was going to be my next question: Which router you have guys :laughing: is it very relevant or that Netgear Nightawk M1 is ok

Good enough for me. Not sure if I could use a 5G router with my SIM card though?

The only comparison I have is an android smartphone as hotspot, and there a router as clear advantages.

There it is more a technical question. You should look at the specifications of your router, it would be written what can of SIM cards it accepts. (If that was your question).

Sure, hotspot works as a backup solution but for all day life (and your phone battery sake), a router which creates a WIFI network is way more convenient.

I know my router does not support 5G. I was just wondering if I would get better speed if I changed the router or if the limiting factor is the network. Anyway, I’m happy with my current setup

oh ok I mean per se you want get faster speed with 5G than 4G through your router unless you are well covered by 5G in your flat.

Where it comes to which router, I’m not IT guy, but each router specification will give the information if it accepts a 3G/4G usb stick.

I got a Huawei Mobile Wifi E5577C through work, for home office.
Works on Swisscom.
Router shows a “5G” symbol (whatever that means for the connection).
It drops the connection at least 3 times a day, tethering by phone is much more reliable for me. I don’t know if I got a device with an issue, or it’s Swisscom or what.
Speeds are about 50Mbps up / 25Mbps down.

Privately I tether via smartphone on Salt.
With a 3 yo phone I got about 60/30Mbps on 4G.
Just changed phone to a new one recently and now it shows 4G+ and averages about 150/50Mbps.

I live relatively central in a biggish city.

Did you experience the same issue when swapping the Swisscom SIM in the Huawei with the Salt SIM?

It would probably make sense to test this to find the source of the problem, but I didn’t try that because my Salt SIM is my private phone SIM and would have to test it a day or two to be sure, and would be without private phone for this time.
The dropped connection is irritating, but bearable for me. At some point I just gave up caring/troubleshooting as we soon (let’s see, maybe wishful thinking) go back to the office & I don’t need this router any more.

Hi guys,
I sell this routeur for CHF 100.-
Bought in october last year, still under warranty.
Brand new, used 1 month for remote working.
Working with a sim card up to 4G+ speed (300 mbps).

Contact me if interested !
Capture

I can recommend using the “selling” function from Digitec/Galaxus. I achieved rather good prices for lots of things.

1 Like

I had a look but the commission is pretty huge…

Better than selling it for half the price on Ricardo or Tutti…

I managed to sell a 4 year old Denon AVR for 399.- where the original price was 429.-

Sure ! Thanks for the tip, i will try it.