Internet Hotspot 4G+ 29.-/month

Negotiate everything? how much does really bandwith costs nowadays then?

I have made a habit of at least asking about the actual price and oftentimes I end up paying less than what was asked.

I think this speed capping is just because Sunrise wants to promote 5G?

Also interesting to know: Yallo is just a brand of Sunriseā€¦

Yallo also limit your speed. If you read the conditions :

1. NETWORK MANAGEMENT IN THE CASE OF EXCESSIVE USE
    Unlimited services generally grant unlimited* use, as long as unusual and excessive use is not maintained over a longer period of time.
    Excessive use of mobile network services can cause capacity problems and impair network performance, which has a direct effect
    on other mobile network customersā€˜ user experience. In order to
    prevent this situation, yallo will temporarily deprioritize the 4G and
    4G+ data traffic of customers who reach a certain limit value:

ā€¢ First deprioritization (Not applicable for yallo Home Internet): A first deprioritization is carried out for customers
whose monthly data usage is higher than 97% of all other
customers, based on an average determined on a quarterly basis (status Sept. 2019: approx. 40 GB per month).
ā€¢ Second deprioritization: An additional deprioritization is carried out within the same month for customers whose monthly data usage is higher than 99.98% of all other customers,
based on an average determined on a quarterly basis (status
Sept. 2019: approx. 500 GB per month).

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the point. Sunrise does.

I think it means that itā€™s applicable to mobile phone SIMs but not Yallo Home Internet.

When I read the conditions, I understand for Yallo Home, only the second deprioritization is applicable. Which is better, but there is still a limit at about 500GB (if you are downloading a lot of content you might reach the limit).

Just for your information : 3g,4g,5g mobile connection isnā€™t an ā€œinternetā€ connection due to private IP address provided. In fact itā€™s a LAN with a shared internet access.

Internet (connection) = public IP address so everyone on this network can reach you with your public IP.
Yes you can say they arenā€™t anymore ipv4 but plenty of ipv6 address free even more than mac address.

You should just take any unlimited 20mb up/down than mobile connection unstable not work everywhere and depend of the number of users near you. A dedicated line is dedicated for you and can use full bandwidth 24/24h without limit. 10gb (salt) are too a shared access due to gpon technology used.

1 Like

This I experience first hand. I got the salt 10 Gbit and in the evening it can get pretty slow despite the advertised 10 Gb. That being said, I also had the Salt 4G for 10 chf per month and for that price it worked fantastic. I donā€™t care if it had public IP or not.

1 Like

Can you made some real tests on your 10gb ?
By using multiple simultaneous connections on the fastest Ubuntu mirror ?

Internet word shouldnā€™t be used because itā€™s untrue. No one can reach you, no input vpn, no nextcloud server for store you private data on your own drive,ā€¦ a lot of issue but not for everyone.

Even NATed itā€™s still internet. Anyway thereā€™s tailscale for that :slight_smile: (and Iā€™d use it even with a public IP, thatā€™s way safer/simpler than exposing things over the internet).

I only own a Macbook, so no ethernet port, let alone a 10Gb one. I also have no adapter. So I can only rely on wi-fi. The fastest I got was when I put the Macbook right next to the router. The speedtest was showing some 800 Megabits per second. Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s just the limitation of wifi and itā€™s anyway more than I need.

Yes wifi need network cable for reach better speed. 1gb network cable about 120mo/sec but 10go should reach 1200mo/sec.

Yallo 4g data sim card is now 9 per month.
Speed is 20mb download and 8mb upload. Not very fast but sufficient for mailing surfing and zattoo.

You certainly can negotiate the activation fee by asking in their client chat.

PM me for a free month.

@Ardius

Working with the 4G data sim card (max 20mbps down) since 3 months (sticked in my Wifi Routeur using a 4G usb key) and couldnā€™t be happier.

Alright Iā€™m no hardcore 4K video game streamer but for 2 people with high usage of youtube and netflix + some DL, never really say the different wrt my previous internet provider.

My current settings:
Phone (all unlimited in CH): 23 CHF, no minimum contract duration: Yallo Swiss Plus
Internet: 9 CHF, Yallo Go
TV: Zattoo: 10 chf, but will be soon 12CHF happy to know if thereā€™s similar cheaper alternative.

Let me know if you need more infos.

How is it working with Yallo? I heard that to call the customer support is not free.

How often do they have the offer of the 9.- for the internet? (I guess itā€™s unlimited, right?)

Thanks!

But they have a chat, is the chat good enough?

Hi @lorenzogm

To contact the costumer is indeed not free but what I did both time I had to contact them was

• either write them on the chat and have them call me back.
  • I had to contact them regarding the activation fee where I said that because they asked me to call them, Iā€™d like to see the phone call reimbursed, which had been done on the next phone bill.

Btw the way, I didnā€™t have to pay the activation fee (59.-). Just play the typical " humm it looks really interesting but when I see the activation cost I need more time to think about it ." And they offered me after 5 seconds to not pay it.

Chat is more than enough for the few times youā€™ll have to deal with them. Again ask for a reimbursement if they ask you to call them.

By Yallo all offers, to my knowledge, are pretty much always available at the client services, even if not so displayed on their website. You basically say " I saw Yallo Go at 9 CHF on your websiteā€¦ Aww it is not their anymore, too bad ā€¦ wait sir for you I can make it 9.- again if you want"

I

2 Likes

If by unlimited youā€™re talking about the data amount, yes it is.

Thank you for the info Daniel, it was very helpful.

About the data sim with internet: do you work from home normally and have tried it with video calls, downloading stuff, etc?

I have a Lebara data for 15.-/month (which was actually offered to me some time ago on the yallo chatā€¦) and I use it for homeoffice with VNC/skype/etc without noticeable issues. I have the SIM in a Netgear nightawk M1 which I bought separately.

1 Like