Future of Bitcoin

One BTC, 27M by 2050? Lolz. So I need to buy 0.1 BTC, hodl it and call it a day for my retirment? Thats convenient. Why the heck do you guys here aim for large savings percentages if something like saving 5% once and hodling it suffices to retire 30 years down the line? Are you all masochists that like to over-save and accumulate? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Because very few people in the world (investors or non investors in BTC) “really” believe in first few words of your comment.

If 1 BTC is 27 M, total BTC market cap is 567 trillion

My goal is to get to 0.5 BTC. If it truly gets to 1M, it would speed up my FIRE goal.

I‘ll probably sell my crypto on Kraken though and rebuy it with FBTC. Just for peace of mind.

This simple and rational assessment goes missing among crypto bros.

1 Like

Well in 2050 the stock market could be worth as much?

Sure, it could even be more than that, but that’d represent the GDP of the whole planet, not a string of unproductive letters and numbers.

1 Like

It’s pure math. If USD goes to 0, BTC (and others) goes to infinite against USD.

Makes sense. But then rather than calculating 1 BTC = 27 Million USD by 2050, we should stop doing such analysis. This analysis gives an illusion to investor that by investing in BTC they can increase their value while the reality would be they can simply maintain the value (so called store of value)

While looking at such analysis, for layman it would appear that BTC is increasing in value but in reality as per your comment, the USD is supposed to be reducing in value while BTC value remains stable.

2 Likes

Those are just calculations based on models with the prices up until now. As long the model is not invalidated…
Anyway, 1btc = 1btc if you don’t measure against USD. And it would be beneficial to measure it against e.g. a basket of goods. Not sure if such exists yet.

1 Like

Would CPI make sense ? It has basket of goods .

I’d rather take just the goods you can pay with btc and are effectivly paid with btc.
Otherwise it’s jus a calculation against USD, CHF etc.
And with places like Lugano or Zug probably it can be done to a small extent (well, I know that the shops calculate in CHF and set the btc price accordingly… so no knowledge gains here).
As I write this, I see probably it’s too early to talk about this :sweat_smile:

Kinda related

https://twitter.com/ChrisKnight407/status/1780723834103992653

And again, arbitrage demands that there is no importance in unit of account. Value can, of course, only be measured in relation to something else. But if you go BTC → CHF → Sugar, or BTC → ETH → 10-Year Treasury Note → Lean Hogs → Sugar, or directly BTC → Sugar is irrelevant. You will always get the same price of sugar for BTC.

1 Like

60 blocks to go… :tada:

1 Like

4 Likes

Fees exploded… 1000 - 2500 sats/vB.
An explanation by Jimmy Song.

https://x.com/jimmysong/status/1781518918001078441

So… where is the big increase in the price of bitcoin after the halving?? :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

Wait and see :sweat_smile:

After the 4th halving, every month ca. 13500 new bitcoins are created. Inflation rate is now 0.85%.

13500 was about the neflow of a good day into the ETFs.

And if history repeats:

3 Likes

„After the halving“ is a period of 4 years

1 Like

So just we are clear, the main reason for BTC to double or quadruple over the next 4 years would be that we can mine less of them, right?

What about the actual use , it is also increasing ? Are we seeing increase in adoption in terms of „payment transaction share versus fiat „ or „store of value replacement of Gold“.? As far as I know people are buying BTC just like a stock - they are not selling their gold to buy BTC.