Freshly roasted coffee?

You can’t make a living selling shitty coffee in Italy. Maybe on overtourism hot spots but not at a gas station.

2 Likes

But can you make coffee better than Mame?

We found happiness (coffee-wise) with the “Spécial” @ Au Moka.

Of course I can’t extract my espresso 100% the same like MAME, but the result is almost perfect for me. I think I’ve set everything for the best, and the coffee tastes like in the heaven. I’m not a professional barista, but an enthusiast home barista :wink:

1 Like

These guys’ coffee is better :wink: https://okapicoffee.com/online-shop/

I haven’t tried many of them, but the ethiophian “Kercha Dima” Beans from Roesterei in Bern is amazing. But also very pricey at around 40CHF/kg.

I wrote them an email asking, whether they could send their coffee to Switzerland and how much it would cost. The answer wasn’t quite clear, but he proposed that they could cross the border to send coffee with the swiss post. (They roast right next to the swiss border.)
I feel bad asking them to do this for 1-2 packages of 250g coffee (costing roughly 6 euros each), so I thought maybe we could pool together an order for mustachians?

You can find the prices here.

As far as I understand, they should be able to send

• 250g of coffee as a letter for CHF1.80
  • 500g or 750g of coffee as a letter for CHF3.60

Which would mean it would cost us somewhere around CHF7.40 and CHF8.90 for 250g, depending on the size of the order and the coffee. Quite a lot cheaper than similar coffee from swiss specialty roasters. (This is assuming they wouldn’t charge anything extra for bringing it to a swiss post office.)

Anyone interested in ordering coffee together? :smiley: If enough people are interested I’ll write them an email asking for the details…

Ciao Trotro,

I’ve managed to let deliver my coffee beans from The Better Days Rösterei by the DHL (~12,7€).
My favourite blend is the one “Gentle Tiger / Cosecha”, which are robusta beans mostly. This is still way better and has higher price/value than everything what I’ve tried before in Switzerland.

500g / ~ 12-13€

I’m up for an order together, but first next year, because I’ve got my 1,5 kg beans just delivered couple of weeks ago.

If you are interested, I can also take beans personally for you from Manfred (he is the owner of Better Days Coffee), and handover in Dietlikon/Zurich/Winterthur.

Otherwise a short visit on a Saturday morning in Gottmadingen is truely worth to see the roastery, try the coffee, and buy your beans! :coffee:

Ciao,
Mr.Paprika :hot_pepper:

2 Likes

Thanks for the information and the offer!
But I’m in Bern, so going to Zürich or Gottmandingen for this is quite far.

Early 2021 would be fine for me, we can see if more people are interested until then. :slight_smile:

Please stop this thread - already looking for Zassenhaus grinders and Gottmandingen is only a 20m drive… :slight_smile:

Interested if you’re ordering in bulk :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can only recommend https://timwendelboe.no/

The subscription is relatively cheap for the quality of the coffee and roast.

It is usually a pretty light roast with fruity notes.

1 Like

I think that many swiss roasters roast too dark, so that looks appealing.

However, their coffee subscription is quite expensive to get.
With postage, it’s around CHF 43 /month for 750g.

That is much cheaper than nespresso capsules per kg but you always get good coffee, sometimes even a really nice Geisha.

2 Likes

Also good coffee to order online from Basel:

1 Like

I also quite enjoy coffee Ferrari: https://mondialprodukte.ch/index.php
I usually get them 3-4 days after roast date and they cost around 26 CHF per Kg.