Free Shareholder Swag in CH

Depends on your defintion of attractiveness…

Dividends are not guaranteed. I am myself in a little conflict with CALN. A pijama a year sounds tempting, but seeing a company in consumer discretionary products with a PE over 60 sounds very unreasonable.

On the otherhand they’re around their 5 year low. It’s still not conclusive to me if IBKR allows for stock registration or not.

1 Like

Price out of relation is irrelevant when you are investing. F.e. a 5-1 Stock split doesnt make the Stock cheaper, you then have 5x the amount of the stocks you had prior to the split.

No, they don’t do that.

2 Likes

CALN looks kinda not so good to me, it might go down. If the price would go towards 20, then I would sign for a Pyjama subscription (20x CHF 20 = 400.-).

1 Like

@OogieBoogie What software is that screenshot from? Looks cool!

As for Calida as a company, it’s important to know that they don’t just have the Calida brand. There’s other stuff in there, too.

Trading View - it is free of charge in the basic version. You pay if you get more tools etc.
btw, Black Monday there will be usually 30-50% price reduction on this.
It is really worth it in my opinion, one of the best chart tools I’ve seen.

1 Like

Glad someone else sees it similarly ^^

I dont like high PE outside of Tech/Pharma, especially not with a clothes producer of different brands.
Even a price of 20 would result in a PE of nearly 50, which seems absurd considering that Apple has a PE of 35!

CALN probably needs a closer look…

Calida Holding will surely make a loss this year, so PE2020 is not saying much. Similarly H&M, Inditex etc. Buy decision should (even more than normally) be made on future expectations… or that free pyjama.

3 Likes

Agree.

Did some calc and joined the Swagcommunity :smile:

1 Like

Can you name those Chinese comapnies?

Above it was stated that IB doesn‘t support registering of shares with the company.
Has this changed or is there a way to do it manually? Since I have UHR on IB, I want also a watch :slight_smile:

1 Like

www.ejinsight.com/eji/article/id/1849140/20180523-the-practice-of-sending-gifts-to-shareholders
Dymatic Chemicals Inc., Qinghai Huzhu Barley Wine Co. Ltd., Blackcow Food Co. Ltd., Shanghai Shunho New Materials Technology Co. Ltd.

2 Likes

Do you own stocks of one of those companies and do they ship the gifts to Switzerland?

Yes, it is always a special day when I get my annual pack of pork from Dymatic Chemicals Inc.

Just kidding, no.

8 Likes

Haha Idc about the pork, I want the white Liquor :wink:

Does UBS allow for a registration of your name in the share register?

I’ve been looking into the fees of operating a swiss custody account mainly for this purpose, without intending to trade much if anything. Lo and behold, UBS seems to have the lowest yearly upkeep fees for very small accounts, at 0.35% - but without no minimum fees.

PS: Or alternatively TradeDirect operated by Banque Cantonale Vaudoise?
0.1% with a yearly minimum of CHF 40 seems pretty reasonable. Works out to up to CHF 40’000 for the CHF 40 in upkeep. I am also tempted by their inexpensive lowest tier commissions (6.90 up to 750 CHF).
PPS: Do the holdings at TradeDirect count as assets for fee waivers on BCV’s current accouns?

2 Likes

Can you share the info? I was thinking to do something myself, but it seems it’s not worth the hassle if you pay 30chf for a single stock + 15 for taxes + 50 for account management etc. etc.

With UBS you might pay higher minimum costs for trading.

wow. amazing thread. I do have 1 share of LISN with interactive broker and I hope I can get that chocolate box. haha. I guess I should transfer it to somewhere else? What are the alternatives? Swissquote? Any where else?

Any broker that will let you register the share will do. Swissquote would work (for free), but you have to explicitly register the share, they won’t do it automatically.