Free Shareholder Swag in CH

How does the government tax these dividends?

I don’t think Lindt is a reasonable choice given the 90k price :wink:

3 Likes

Could you link where you found this infos on the websites of Calida and Swatch? I looked around the Calida Group website and didn’t find anything

Btw, are we actually talking about one free PJ per year? That’s crazy

I sent an e-mail to Calida investor relations and they said this (quote):

Die Bedingungen fĂŒr den Erhalt des Geschenks sind wie folgt definiert:

• Halten von mindestens 20 Aktien der CALIDA Holding AG zum Zeitpunkt des Buchschlusses (30 Tage vor der Generalversammlung)
  • Der AktionĂ€r muss im Aktienregister der Gesellschaft eingetragen sein
  • Ein persönliches Erscheinen an der GV ist fĂŒr den Erhalt des Geschenks nicht notwendig
4 Likes

I think the issue with these things is the entry into the company’s shareholder register. SwissQuote apparently will take care of this
 but how does one do it with a foreign broker (IB, Degiro, etc.)?

Lindt also has another class of shares LISP, but it is still CHF 8’245/unit
 I’m gonna need a bigger suitcase of chocolate than the one pictured above before I consider this :laughing:

Swissquote does it for free and it is just a (well hidden) click. I can tell you where if you’re interested.

2 Likes

If you’re a LVMH shareholder (MC.PA), you can become a member of the shareholder club. No freebies but discounts and special offers on products of the house. Some more details here.

3 Likes

What is the price of these pijamas, watches, chocolate boxes on ricardo/tutti three days after the GV?
I guess hundreds of people get such a watch or pijama and don’t like this year’s model?

1 Like
  • The chocolate suitcase has worth of CHF 200.- (don’t know the price on Ricardo, but assume that when you buy 1x share for 90k, you will keep the chocolate or give it to friends/families)
  • Swatch watches are sold on Ricardo for around CHF 50-70.-
  • Calida pijamas are around CHF 100.- (and I guess you can chose before/after - otherwise how will they get the size correctly).
3 Likes

I would be interested, thank you.

1 Like

In the eTrading platform, you have a table that lists your positions.

There, click on the three dots in the header of the first column.

My interface is in German, but you are looking for a new column, somewhere under “Positions”, that says something like “Registered shares”.

This will add a column to your table, showing how many shares you have registered; if you click on any number, a new page is opened. There, you can simply use the “+” and “-” buttons to add or remove shares from the register.

4 Likes

Apparently, if you hold one Sixt share, you get a discount there, too:

1 Like

I would still like an answer to my question. Dividends need to be taxed in Switzerland wether they are USD, CHF or “Sachwerte”.

has somebody more info?

1 Like

Anyone know if postfinance e-trading or bcv trade direct allow stock registration for free to get the gifts like the Swatch watch?

They both look better than swissquote to me, bcv depot costs are 40-100 franks, cheaper than 60-200 for Swissquote. And postfinance is 90, but I could use that as trading credits of swiss stocks a few times per year as a backup account and also to avoid the account fee of postfinance. And both give a few hundred franks for trading fees as a gift in the first year.

Of course if they don’t support stock registration there is no advantage compared to interactive brokers or degiro.

1 Like

Postfin supports stocks registration for Swiss stocks. For free. Very simple.
I’ve just registered some of my holdings 2 weeks ago.
Looks like it’s been done, but I’ll only know for sure once I get an invite to one of the GV’s
 or my new Calida pyjama :smile:

PS if u open an E-trading account at Postfinance at the moment you get CHF 500 worth of free trading credits. Pity the credits are only valid till 31.12.2020 though.

Let us know if you get your PJ. I might open it just for that instead of doing it on SQ (if I ever do it).

I might have to update my list:

1. SQ: 60chf minimum per year + trading costs
  2. PF: 90chf per year as trading costs

Both pay stamp tax, probably PF doesn’t consider it on the 90chf. SQ seems cheaper for Swag, but you might move/buy ETF there just for diversification.

You can do it for TradeDirect. You have to send them a form. You can request it from customer support and then they will register you.

Hi everyone!

This topic seems super interesting, what would be the most efficient way to benefit from this?

• Buy Calida and Swatch stock (Lindt seems to be a bit too expensive)
  • Use Cornertrader (is it possible to get registered with this broker or do I need to go with SwissQuote?)

Any other Swiss stocks that you are holding for the swag?

1 Like

Actually, I haven’t bought any shares just because of the swag.

The ROI is not exactly attractive, isn’t?

1 Like