Free Shareholder Swag in CH

I do the majority with global ETF’s but also have some Google, Microsoft and Amazon (and Gold).
Why, because being a Mustachian this is a really long journey and stock picking is fun.

P.S. also have 1x UBS (sentimental reasons) and 1x Swatch (getting a watch every year).

3 Likes

How does this work? Tell us more…

2 Likes

Off-Topic…

• 20x Calida shares to get a pyjama
  • 1x UHRN share to get a Swatch watch
    You need to register your shares. Swissquote they sent me a form that I signed. After that I can add my shares to be registered on the Swissquote online platform. And at least for Swatch, they send now the watch directly to the share-holders in CH (not outside) per postal shipping. Ex-Dividend date for Swatch will be May, 14th 2020.
11 Likes

Very interested! :slight_smile:
Anyone managed this via IB?

2 Likes

or Degiro…?

1 UHRN is about the price of a Swatch watch right now. :slight_smile: Are you sure it’s owning 1 UHRN and not 1 UHR? I can’t find any info on this online… anyone have a link?

1 Like

Apparently Lindt does this too…

…as well as a lot of Chinese companies.
Apologies for getting off-topic. I find this rather amusing. Maybe this can be forked to another thread “free shareholder swag in CH”

1 Like

Feedback from Swatch Group:

“Es ist korrekt, dass die The Swatch Group AG ihren Aktionären jeweils ein Aktionärsgeschenk in Form einer Uhr abgegeben hat. Im letzten Jahr wurde das Geschenk per Post an eine Adresse in der Schweiz zugestellt, wenn die Stimmen nachweislich ins Abstimmergebnis der Generalversammlung einflossen. Ich gehe davon aus, dass der Modus auch in diesem Jahr beibehalten wird. Dabei ist es unerheblich, wie viele Aktien/Stimmen gehalten werden.

Wenn Sie sich dafür interessieren, empfehlen wir Ihnen Namenaktien (ISIN CH12255144) der The Swatch Group AG zu kaufen und diese im Aktienregister eintragen zu lassen, so dass wir Ihnen die Einladung zur Generalversammlung vom 14.05.2020 direkt zustellen können.”

3 Likes

Does it also work with UHR ? I hold them at CornerTrader so I can’t register them at the moment anyway…

I don’t get why it should matter with which broker they are held.
Does only SwissQuote provide this certain form? Perhaps there are other ways to get signed into the shareholders’ registry?

Yes, because your bank does know that you are holding them - and they know your name and address. So usually you will get the related corporate action information. Can’t say how this might work with a non classic bank e.g. Broker.

2 Likes

Novartis gives you a nice calendar.

Anyone knows how much chocolate Lindt & Sprüngli hand out? One share is around 90kCHF, for that I want a truckload of chocolate! :grinning:

3 Likes

Imgur

5 Likes

It’s an extra hassle for the broker to deal with certificates, one that most clients and jurisdictions don’t need anyway

You won’t get this service from IBKR, but then again, you’re not paying 1%+ to trade the stock with IBKR either.

If you’re ready to pay extra, I’m sure you’ll find banks who will provide the service you require. Like swissquote, I suppose this is their form mentioned earlier for CH companies.

For US companies, there’s DRS system - inquire investor relations what’s their preferred DRS agent and you can transfer your stock to them to have it directly registered with the company. But again be ready to pay much higher transaction fees than with IBKR for this kind of service.

1 Like

Those of you who are interested in buying Swatch or Lindt should read this article:

cash.ch:

Der jährlich an der Generalversammlung verteilte Schokoladenkoffer für die Besitzer von Namenaktien hat aber bloss einen Wert von 200 Franken

On the topic:
Naturaldividenden: Wie Aktionäre von ihren Firmen verwöhnt werden
Naturaldividenden: Aktionäre werden mit Geschenken und feinem Essen verwöhnt

1 Like

That’s 0.2% dividend in natural form!

“Unser Bier” brewery in Basel.
Owning at least 1 share (Fr 325) gets u a simple meal & all-you-can-drink beer once a year at the GV.
For steadfast drinkers that may just be their favourite way to get a 15% p.a. return or so.

7 Likes

If you crunch some numbers, with one Calida pajamas at 80chf and the shares at around 35chf, that’s actually quite a good rate of return. Not sure what the cash dividend actually is that you get on top.

A lifelong pajamas flatrate for you and your family.

2 Likes

Calida payed in the past years CHF 0.80 per share - current price around CHF 35.-.

The summary for all of this is that you have to:

• Buy Calida, Swatch, Lindt stocks
  • Pay yearly 60chf to Swissquote
  • Pay Trading costs to Swissquote

It might be a nice/fun investing idea especially if you already have a Swissquote account for diversification reasons.
Is it only Calida , Swatch and Lindt?

3 Likes

There are actually a few others, a very good summary is here:
https://www.moneyland.ch/de/naturaldividenden-gv-schweiz

2 Likes