As requested over here by @dbu @ma0 @Patron, here’s two of my GF’s meal plans for a very cheap 6-day week of eating (we usually went to see family on Sunday and ate a sandwich in the train on Sat evening). It’s in German only, sorry about that.
- Everything is meant for two people, so our budget for the week is 2*30 CHF in those plans. On the left side you can see also Total and Übrig (left over money) so you can splurge a bit more on snacks if you want to.
- There’s two plans: the orange and the green one. Left side: what/where to buy and how much it costs. Right side: dishes and what they use.
- At the time we were intermittent fasting (skipping breakfast). In-budget options would be:
- A cheap muesli with yoghurt or milk.
- millet and oatmeal with yoghurt or milk
- We cook in the evening and use leftovers, salad, and bread with cheese and/or spices for lunch. Works better during COVID where we’re not out of the house often.
- Amounts are rarely bought in the exact quantities listed. Usually more in bulk, e.g. rice from the Asia Store is bought in a 10kg bag.
- It’s also worth to look at discounts at Migros. Occasionally you can stock up on something for 20% off. New discounts start every Tuesday, and you can subscribe to their newsletter. Sometimes their rice is cheaper than at Asia Store, but can be bought out rather quickly.