Degiro / flatex account unavailable?

I figured out they are not taking any amount above 3k CHF.
I have been trying amounts above that and every and each time, transfer rejected whereas sums just below the threshold mentionned above, the wire goes thru.
Strange, the least I can say.
Have you guys been wiring amounts above this?

Yes, including 10k recently. I transferred from Raiffeisen don’t know if the bank makes any differences
 Did you already try contacting their support?

1 Like

I’m still not seeing anything referring to opening a flatex bank account with DeGiro. Did in the mean time anyone get a message about it? Or are they going to leave it as it is for our ’ special’ Swiss customers?

Nothing here either
 This stupid money market fund they use to hold my cash is continuing to eat away my rappens :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I think it will be from 30 April, i received this email today from Degiro:

DEGIRO devient une succursale néerlandaise et la marque européenne de flatexDEGIRO Bank AG
Il y a quelques mois, nous vous informions du fait que DEGIRO faisait dĂ©sormais partie du groupe flatexDEGIRO. Nous avons le plaisir de vous annoncer aujourd’hui la prochaine Ă©tape de notre nouvelle entitĂ©. À compter du 30 avril 2021, DEGIRO fusionnera avec flatexDEGIRO Bank, crĂ©ant ainsi le plus grand courtier en ligne europĂ©en (“execution only”), et disposant de sa propre licence bancaire.
Notre fonctionnement reste identique
Cette fusion n’aura aucune consĂ©quence pratique concernant votre relation avec DEGIRO. Notre nom de marque Ă  travers l’Europe restera identique et nous continuerons d’opĂ©rer depuis nos bureaux Ă  Amsterdam et Sofia. En effet, suite Ă  cette derniĂšre, DEGIRO continuera de proposer ses services en tant que succursale de flatexDEGIRO Bank AG.
Quels changements concrets s’appliquent pour vous, en tant que client ?
Les termes et conditions de notre Contrat Client restent inchangĂ©s. En revanche, l’entitĂ© contractante est dĂ©sormais diffĂ©rente. De plus, le fait de devenir une succursale nĂ©erlandaise d’une banque allemande rĂ©glementĂ©e entraine quelques modifications et prĂ©cisons, rĂ©sumĂ©es ici.
Des avantages pour nos clients
Le principal objectif de DEGIRO est d’apporter une valeur ajoutĂ©e Ă©levĂ©e Ă  ses clients en proposant des services financiers abordables et sur mesure pour l’ensemble des investisseurs. Ce nouveau chapitre nous permettra de poursuivre la rĂ©alisation de cet objectif, et d’élargir encore davantage les services que nous vous proposons. Notre nouvelle structure d’entreprise va permettre au groupe flatexDEGIRO de poursuivre sa croissance dans les meilleures conditions possibles, en simplifiant les processus internes et en renforçant encore davantage la coopĂ©ration entre ses diffĂ©rentes entitĂ©s. Cette nouvelle configuration nous permettra ainsi d’accĂ©lĂ©rer le dĂ©veloppement de nouveaux produits et services et ce, de maniĂšre encore plus efficace. Ainsi, cette fusion vous apportera un bĂ©nĂ©fice certain, en tant que client.

Indeed I got the same mail 3 hrs after I posted the above, maybe they read this forum :slight_smile:

I’m really wondering if its possible to have a EUR account too.

2 Likes

Just realized yesterday that Degiro.ch changed their bank account, and it’s really stupid! They have now a Deutsche Bank account in the Netherlands (IBAN starting with NL
). It used to be CIC Bank in Basel before. Unfortunately, all the banks that I’ve tried (among them Postfinance, Raiffeisen) charge a fee to transfer money to this account. Since the payment is in CHF I think SEPA doesn’t work. I really do not know what these people at Degiro think about this setup! And there’s also absolutely no communication about this change (no e-mail, no message inside the Degiro account). I’ve taken my decision and ‘transfer’ large parts of my investments to DKB. (please no discussions here about my decision, I have my reasons why I’ve chosen DKB.)

@SwissMousse Yes, it is possible to have an EUR account (and a CHF account) together. I have one for the investments in EUR. You can save a lot of money if you don’t use Degiro’s exchange rates :wink:

Screenshot from 2021-06-10 09-27-48

Holy shit, you are right, the f******* :poop: Will have to find an alternative solution
 really really annoying!

For me the don’t even show me an IBAN account number but just a local bank account number with no further details as in the screenshot below

Oh, right didn’t notice that but I have now too Deutsche Bank on Paris with IBAN starting in FR.

They must be in the transition phase, as I transfered just two days ago to the CIC CH IBAN and it worked fine.

1 Like

I have an IBAN from the Netherlands.

They obviously did not think it through, as it says that I can only pay in using EUR, but when I want to add my EUR bank account from PostFinance, it says it must me in CHF.

I would write support. Must be some mess the developers made.

For laughs and giggles, I have added a EUR account from PostFinance and transferred some EUR to the Dutch IBAN. Let’s see what happens.

Time to move for IB :upside_down_face: ?

1 Like

Weird. I still have the CH IBAN there.

In my case I am already at IB, I just like to have at least two different brokers not to put all eggs in the same basket as they say

I have a new, CH IBAN
 at Deutsche Bank
 not CIC

Me too, but actually the IBAN remains the same as before
 is it even possible to keep the same IBAN in a different bank?

Not really (unless, of course, banks get taken over or merge).
IBAN usually do include routing information, often down to branch level, that belong to one bank.
And there’s no portability as in mobile phone numbers.

I have paid some EUR into DeGiro on the NL account. It now sits in my EUR Money Market Fund.
I guess I will have to convert it manually. I can still only withdraw from the CHF account.

There is a discrepancy between the app (in my case on iPhone) and the site.
On the site I have the NL account, in the app I have the Swiss Account (which is still at CIC with the old IBAN, but is called Deutsche Bank).

I think it’s simply a case of “they did not think this through” or “the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing”

Aaaannd
 now it says CIC again