Crypto.com cash/cryptoback credit card

First clear explanation I got on the subject, appreciate it :slight_smile:

So you need to have a stake % higher than your short/borrow %.

And what is the trigger for closing the short position? Meaning to give back what you borrowed?

Yeah, you could close if the borrowing rate gets to high or any other reason.
The main drawbacks here are:
Realistically you will not find anyone that borrows you the asset at a lower yield than the staking one (CRO right now is an exception since they dropped the rates and the old ones are inaccessible to anyone new). Why should i lend you my asset for 2% if i can get up to 8% staking it myself?

The nice thing is, you technically can not be liqudated since you already hold the asset.
In reality you will most likely do a trade on 2 different platforms. This means you will have to post collateral for the shorted amount (opportunity cost). For example to short 1’000 CRO (valued 180 usd) you will need at least some collateral (18 USD to have a 10x margin short), even if you own the asset (somewhere else).
This means if the price goes from 0.18 to 0.20 you will need more collateral or you get liquidated. You will not be able to close your trade until your stake unlocks.

You see, there is an option to get a stable return, with some drawbacks and opportunity costs.
Also if the price goes to 0 your return is 0 as well…

2 Likes

Coming out: 3500 :arrow_right: 500 :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Looks like its time to buy for me then…

I’m in a similar situation.
But I don’t want to buy more.

1 Like

Oh gosh. They have introduced a new fee. Starting from now. :confused:

Someone is topping it up in the next days? I don’t get their language.
It’s free if you top up via Fiat Wallet but you pay if you use a CC.

I thought I topped up my Fiat Wallet with CC, so am I using both method at the same time or they really mean that the 1% applies only if you topup the card directly?

So, you are paying 1% to top up, to get 1% cashback after you stake 350€?

This just sounds like another crypto company that was offering great rewards to lure in customers but had an unsustainable business model.

Seems like sticking with the Cashback cards would have been easier and cheaper

7 Likes

Ok the card is definitely dead. I use revolut to top up in EUR.

1 Like

Yeah pretty shitty where they went now… Funnily enough the app doesn’t work anymore on my phone since I’ve upgraded to Android 13 beta…

Anyway if someone top it up… Their language is shaky really.

Also f… them to alert us right on the day of the change.

1 Like

Never been so happy to not have another Credit Card… lol

2 Likes

you can always use a bank transfer, but it really sucks. I guess that I will transfer some funds to my wallet and use it for the last time except to pay spottily.

Even to pay spotify/netflix etc. I will soon run out of money. It cost me 30cts p/m because of exchange rates.

1 Like

How do you top up? Do you put your CC number in crypto.com? I top up with Revolut but I use it as a normal bank. You should do the same, 0 costs, but it takes 1-2 days.

Edit: I just realised this. I should have thought about it when I first post the screenshot of the email (it was pre coffee, sorry)

Bank transfer from revolut still works and is free yes. I was using the revolut CC which was also free.

Edit: unstaked and converted to btc

You can transfer EUR from Revolut using SEPA (takes few minutes for me) to the fiat account. No need for the CC.

2 Likes

It sounded like it from the beginning

4 Likes

To be honest, from all the changes, the last one is the most sensible. They get charged from credit cards, so it’s fair to ask something back.

I can confirm that revolut->crypto.com via bank transfer takes ~30min.

2 Likes

Back on Revolut as well. Was fun when it lasted, still a positive return for me, and still have a big bag of free CRO that I will sold when the price move up. Maybe with the World Cup. We’ll see.

Their exchange is still in good position so far compare to the overall market and bloodbath we observe, we’ll see how it play on the long run.