Crypto.com cash/cryptoback credit card

I’m tempted to invest 4k on it.
I just don’t understand all your explanations.

I put 4k on it and get 3% cashback + netflix (note: I’m not sure if it’s free, since it says it gives back the cost of US netflix, not CH netflix). After 180 days I can get bacak the whole 4k usd. Do I lose the 3%+netflix? What was the 10% yearly interest mentioned? Just how much CRO grows?

As a Credit Card, if I got it correctly it’s good just for EUR payment because of the exchange rate?

edit: how do they give you free access to netflix? You pay and they reimbourse in CRO? So if CRO crash, you won’t get reimboursed 100%…

1 Like

You keep the CROs that you received. But no longer earn them unless you stake again.

On the 3500 EUR that you lock away, you earn 10% interest on an annualized basis

It’s interbanking exchange rate, I use it for all my CHF spending, the 3% cashback makes up for the money I lose for the CHF → EUR → CHF exchange

You use the card as payment method with Netflix, they detect the merchant and reimburse a 12.99$ equivalent in CRO. So the amount of CRO varies based on the price.

Feel free to check my blog post about it

1 Like

You didn’t answer the netflix thing. I think you need to stack it in order to get netflix paid, right?
Also the 12.99USD for netflix means that you actually pay netflix 3-4chf per month since they reinbourse you only 12.99usd ( x cro value).

Actually you pay netflix the full 16chf, but you get 13chf of it back as CRO.

Correct?

Lounge Key is another thing I don’t understand much. very opaque.

Side note: if it was 350eur as someone mentioned, i’d already have got one by now. Or two.

1 Like

Correct all cashback is tied to staking.

That’s correct too.

Gives you free access to airport lounges, usually worth ~35 USD per visit. Airport lounges have free snacks and alcoholic beverage and are generally nicer than the gate seating areas.

2 Likes

I’ve read about the lounges and I have to say that they site is a bit opaque about the costs. It’s interesting though, if it’s really like that about the costs (free entry). Only downside is that I rarely travel alone so I either get the very expensive CC or just make two cards just to avoid paying for guests (also note: it seems that sometimes guests are free, depending on which lounge, of course I didn’t find out which is like that).

Let me know about your VPN experience with Netflix, especially how it works. I have friends in a cheap country and I might open an account with them, not sure if I then have to use the VPN all the time.

With the rides I see on the crypto markets, it seems that you might get back the whole 4000chf in a few years (or months!).
If I only trusted the whole cryptocurrency idea…

1 Like

It is free access as far as I understand. Hell I’m at the airport right now and my plane is delayed, let me quickly go and try it.

Update: I got two charges 3.25$ (which I assume is for me) and 32$ for a guest (which is correctly not included in the deal). I have yet to see if there will be a full cashback for the 3.25$

7 Likes

The 3.25 will be given back.

2 Likes

I am a bit ignorant with airport lounges.
Are they linked to your air company, or let’s say I fly easyJet, I can get for free in whatever lounge available in the airport?

2 Likes

afaiu it’s usually some non-airline lounge which are part of those. So no you won’t get in the Swiss lounge :slight_smile:

For instance for ZRH: Lounge finder - Airports | LoungeKey

1 Like

The real drawback for the lounges (if you want it for free) is that you usually won’t travel alone so either you get two cards or you pay up for your guest.

2 Likes

I was checking CRO on crypto.com, just to see how it behaves. Maybe just a tiny experiment with 3500 eur is worth it. Then I noticed that their graph prices are off… The 1m and 3m stops in october. Why?
Same for bitcoin. it’s a bug?

1 Like

Thinking to get the green (3500euro) card too.

Can anyone try to top revolut using crypto? According to this help article, revolut is not blocking crypto.com, but i’m intrested in the other way (Which merchants are not supported by Revolut? | Revolut Help Centre | Revolut)

My plan to maximise rewards still using revolut (which i love, and has applepay) would be

Coop Supercard → Crypto.com → Revolut.

1 Like

Here you would have a shitty CHF → EUR conversion from the Coop Supercard, no?

2 Likes

Good point, was assuming that one can charge in CHF.

Did you replace revolut? The crypto app sucks and has no apple pay

1 Like

Looks like you can charge using CHF once you set it as your currency

Did not try to charge cash though

1 Like

I opened the app for the first time in a long time and noticed that the 50$ that I had locked up are now 100$.

To unlock this, I would need to stake 350$ worth of CRO?

1 Like

if Crypto recognizes revolut, it won’t give you any bonus, otherwise you could get infinte money by going in a loop with credit cards.

2 Likes

I could do the same with supercard points and transfer back to iban from revolut… i guess they would just block me

1 Like

I just tried to transfer money from revolut to crypto.com using the provided bank details and it took 10min or so.

I confirm, SEPA transfert Revolut → CDC works perfectly.

Personnally I’m doing Neon → Rev CHF // Rev EUR → CDC to top up my card. No issues so far (only the Neon → Rev that take the time of a classic bank transfer, so one business day at least…)

3 Likes