Crypto.com cash/cryptoback credit card

shitty article to be honest.

“one reddit user”, “a player said the name is weird”…

It seems someone had an idea and looked for reasons to fill an article.

The company might be in truble, but that article is fluff.

While I agree that they spend way too much money on marketing, the rest is common knowledge and applies to most crypto/tech companies in this bear market. The price of CRO has actually been pretty stable since June and correlates more or less with BTC

3 Likes

You mean the cro tokenomics is a masterpiece lol?

Yes this article states the obvious but it seems like a lot fell for it

speaking of disasters, they are going to add fees on non EUR and GBP transactions…
I think I will stop using it even for Netflix.

To me it seems to be basically dead. Goodbye 3.5k eur…
I wonder if I have to cash out the few eur left of that or wait to lose all or get some more.

Yeah same here, the foreign fees are the last nail in the coffin. I will spend the remaining cash that I have on it and start using Revolut again (which btw also announced introduction of top up fees on all Swiss CCs)

Do you cash out the stake? I’m losing atm

I’m down 25k, so no, I’ll keep them around until the next bull market and then cash out.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: All about Revolut

Isn’t this the sunk cost falacy?

You are down 25k but still have 10k in.
Wouldn’t it be better to take the 10k and invest it into something better?

Money is fluid so you can make those 25k back from other sources other than CRO.
Being down x amount doesn’t justify keeping a bad investment.
Just wanted to add my 0.02€ and some perspective

7 Likes

I thought the same of my SPXU bag that I eventually sold at some loss, would have recovered nicely this year.

Right now I don’t see opportunities with better/quicker recovery chances, so hodl it is.

1 Like

so, why not throw another 10k / 35k in the bucket then? :face_with_monocle: :wink:

5 Likes

FWIW I just sold my Jade stake and turned it into cash. Sunk cost fallacy made it a harder decision than I thought.

It was less than 500 CHF because I conveniently restaked close to the ATH but since all I use on a regular basis is Spotify and Lounge access doesn’t require a stake I figured it’s better to sell now than to wait until Spotify and Netflix are effectively nixed in three months.

1 Like

I wonder how much will it cost the issue of a new card. Anyone saw it written somewhere?

1 Like

Still keeping my card :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

If it helps: I got a new card issued for free when my old one (early 2020 DE issue) started to delaminate at the corners.

Since I don’t keep it in my wallet anymore this one should be fine until the end of its validity in mid 2027.

Update:

The 196k CRO required back then are worth CHF 23k now. Then I received another 50k CRO as part of staking and the 5% cashback being worth CHF 5k now. So in total I am down approx. 20% or CHF 7k which is not too bad in the crypto space.

My program will end by end of this month. I will continue to use the card and top up the required cash amount to keep my status.

I very much enjoy using the card. One card for all purposes, spot market like FX conversions and providing 3% on top with the potential of significant value appreciation over time.

Why topup to keep the status? If you don’t unstack, the status stays, right?

I need to stake 35k to keep my status, so I am missing 7-8k as of now. Otherwise I will be downgraded and I don’t feel the lower tiers aren’t that attractive.

But because you unstaked. Otherwise you could have left your stake there , dwindling etc.
my stake is down 70% or so but I’m still staked so nothing changes (i think?)

1 Like