Costs after early retirement

when not working, you have to register as a « person without money-earning activity »

Do you know if it is possible to register as a « person without money-earning activity » on permit B or does it have to be at least C?

In other words, is it possible to RE in Switzerland while being B-permit resident and maintain the residency while being « person without money-earning activity »?

Amt fur Migration says that B is for foreign nationals who reside in Switzerland for a longer period of time for a certain purpose, with or without gainful employment. The residence permit for EU/EFTA nationals is valid for five years. This permit is issued to EU/EFTA citizens holding a contract of employment of at least twelve months or of unlimited duration.

Do I understand that correctly that it is impossible to RE on B because it would be impossible to renew B without long term employment?

Don’t know for non EU, but afaik for EEA/EU if you can show you have enough wealth and don’t/won’t use social benefits, it’s ok. (and for those wondering, unemployement insurance isn’t considered a social benefit).

You can divorce again at retirement age :wink:

It is on average. This was interesting for me as I already reached the maximum on average even if I earn zero from now until retirement.

So theoretically, I could work in Starbucks for min wage until retirement and still get the max AHV.

1 Like