Coronavirus: when do we reach the bottom of the dip?

After more than 3 hours i stopped when it asked me to move to another planet…
Sending this game during quarantine it’s like dropping a bomb at a concert!

1 Like

But how can uou not do that? You can only stop when tha last atom in the universe is in a paperclip

1 Like

bad news for you. If you reopen the page it will continue from where it stopped

no… get out! I didn’t just read this… no… lord have mercy :dizzy_face:
must… not… play

2 Likes

Haha, what the hell just happend in the last 5 trading minutes?

1 Like

But 1/3 of the human population is self-isolating or otherwise restricted by governments. Millions of businesses are shutdown. And we have an epidemic of the century. So yeah, this 10% jump doesn’t make any sense.

Richard Thaler once had an article about these mistakes. There were thousands of them. When Obama started lifting some embargos on Cuba, then a company with ticker CUBA was rallying. There’re millions of idiots trading down there. We should never underestimate them.

2 Likes

He was talking about paper clips :joy: (must not play…)

Lol, guys, what the hell happened to you? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I saw 2199 on Monday and 3 days later we are back to 2630 (+20%), lol.

1 Like

I was wondering the same.
Yesterday a last minute flop, today last minute jump. :sweat_smile:
It’s fun to watch.

@1000000CHF congrats on the 2000th post! :beers: :smile:

1 Like

This was the shortest bear market in history. We are actually in a new bull market now. Lets see how long this will last. Another 10 years? Or just 10 days?

1 Like

Screenshot from 2020-03-26 21-55-46
America First!

9 Likes

BTW. This explains a bit the situation:
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=how%20to%20buy%20stocks&geo=US

1 Like

Yes, I know this, but currently it all seem fundamentally wrong and we are reaching another level of craziness with all this printing, helicopter money, etc. I don’t know if people had the same feeling when for example gold standard was abandoned (probably yes), but it doesn’t help me much ;). I would feel much better (if I would have survived) to put a lot of money into the market after real crash, where inefficient companies will just go bankrupt. Maybe this means that my level of accepted risk is really low and investing in the stock market is not for me. But keeping a lot of cash also doesn’t seem to be good idea (remember hyperinflation?), so maybe I should just buy a house in Switzerland or few kilograms of gold :D.

1 Like

You could always let a proffesional manage your money

5 Likes

Here’s a tldr article which I found very thorough and informative about the current pandemic.

But what I’d like to ask you guys is related to the following idea from this article (quote):

So the question is: have you guys considered investing in virology/vaccinology companies? Are there any ETFs worthwhile covering this specific domain? I found this one: Virtus LifeSci Biotech Clinical Trials ETF. Any thoughts on this?!

LE: there’s also the cheaper version: SPDR S&P Biotech ETF (XBI)

Narrow sector ETFs are the only things I’ve ever been burnt on and therefore it wouldn’t go in this direction.

3 Likes

Good commentary on current situation:

5 Likes

That’s nothing.

Boeing is up approximately 90% this week alone:

Pretty good for such a large company that’s

• not profitable
  • seeing its virtually all of its main private-sectors customers broke (without a government bailout)
  • been plagued by safety concerns and supervisory action preventing use of most of its recently shipped products
  • is most probably on the brink of bankruptcy itself (again, without government bailout)
6 Likes