Coronavirus: when do we reach the bottom of the dip?

No, it’s not. I was putting links before suggesting this scenario.

OK, you’ve convinced me to push the topic further. So there are some things to do at global level, some at country level, and some at personal level. In my original post I was asking about the personal level. You know that our healthcare systems are unable to handle pandemics and that you may fall victim to some arbitrary decisions. Maybe you’ve FIREd, you’re nearing 60, you still hope for another 30 years of enjoying life. But then you get infected and in the hospital they say: ok he’s old, retired, doesn’t work anymore, doesn’t contribute to society, let’s put him way back on the priority list. I don’t know about you guys but I’m not happy with that.

These are excellent points! I hate it when sick people come to work. Maybe they are afraid of losing their job? Maybe they don’t feel so bad? But their can infect multiple people. When you’re sick, stay at home or at least wear the mask! And regarding animals, the Chinese believe that eating certain animal parts will lend you their abilities. They eat so many weird wild animals from the forest, for some really backwards tribal voodoo reasons…

1 Like

I have a feeling that humans could eat fruits ( which might have been eaten/tasted by animals/bats). Wont the virus transmit in that case ?

I think you might digest the virus. I’m not sure though.
google is not helping. it just show the “drinking water” suggestion but it doesn’t really say if the stomac is acid enough to dissolve a virus.

Can COVID-19 be passed on through food?

There is no evidence to suggest that COVID-19 is passed on through food. The main risk of transmission is from close contact with infected people. The advice to food businesses and consumers is to maintain good hygiene practices and to wash your hands regularly. Thorough cooking will kill the virus.

source: https://www.fsai.ie/faq/coronavirus.html

1 Like

America FIRST!

1 Like

Wouldn’t really call it a surprise. The economy will be contracting massively - at least temporarily. And employees in the U.S. can be laid at short (or no) notice.

The question is, if the situation can (or should) really be looked at in terms of a differential. Earnings per share could drop to zero or negative territory for many companies.

2 Likes

For those who like to crunch on numbers and probabilities, this website provides current betting odds on covid-19 related events.

For example:

https://smarkets.com/current-affairs/covid-19

1 Like

The surprise was in the scale of the figures. This is the most drastic forecast so far to date and came from a Fed official.

Digesting the virus is no problem, the acidic envirionment of your stomach will exterminate it, therefore having it in your food is no problem. Inhaling the fine mist of an infected person‘s exhaled breath ( you don‘t see it when it is warm only during 0 and sub 0 degC temperatures - exhaled breath has > 90% humidity) is when you have the highest risk of being infected. The viruses will try to infiltrate a cell of your mucous membrane. Once inside the cell it will use its RNA to reprogram the cell to produce more viruses until it explodes and releases the virus. Then the war against eating cells starts, so called macrophages. Then you will have the first symptoms (caughing, running nose). Because your body tries to get rid of the infiltrator. If your immune system is too weak the virus will fight it‘s way towards your throat and lungs. Your body will increase its defense by increasing your body temperature and activating more eating cells and additional T-Cells, this is like a war happening in your body. Latest studies showed that it might not be the virus that attacks your lungs but the immune response is so strong that your body doesn‘t differentiate anymore bewteen friend and foe and your lung is damaged because of friendly fire. Remember a virus does not want to kill its host because it dies with it.

Being a smoker or inhaling bad air is a problem. Because the eating cells are already busy cleaning up your lungs from all those particles that enter your lung. It‘s a good time to stop smoking!

7 Likes

Couldn’t care less about this. For every loser, there will be a winner to take over the business. The magic of indexing.

Limit down to limit up today? We have a lift off :slight_smile:

1 Like

FED saving the day lol.

Expected a -10% decline.

To quote myself…

And the trading time not even started properly yet.

Hi-bloody-larious :rofl:

Well speak for your self. Managed to scoop some stuff on European open and US premarket :slight_smile:

I was just stating that the “official market open times” were not yet active, didn’t say it’s impossible to buy. :smiley:

Which could all likely get lower in a matter of days.
I do admire your optimism. :slight_smile:

Screw that! I wont pay my taxes on time but will keep on buying stocks at every drop.

1 Like

Good news - cantons just started prolonging their tax declaration deadlines! :smiley:
(not that one could not do it themselves earlier)

I am also scooping out from that bucket for the one which is opening up these days. :cowboy_hat_face:

P.S. I created something like this for myself, to track at (around) which price I should buy next. :nerd_face:
TOP is obvious, AVG is my avg purchase price thus far.
Red is what’s already been stepped over (not sure if I hope it reaches all the way to the bottom :smiley:).
It’s easier to make “decisions” like this than completely on a whim, at least for me.

2 Likes

Latest? I remember similar stories about SARS, where people wanted to get sick just to have a less strong immune system.

Everyone here seem to behappy, money wise…
Isn’t here anyone risking his/her job?

2 Likes

if it happens, you will get unemployment money :wink: