Coronavirus: when do we reach the bottom of the dip?

How much did it cost ?

Are we still talking about this guy?

Seriously, the hard-on people have for him is really one of life’s great mysteries.

5 Likes

Nice of you to bring this up. I still think it’s fun to discuss it.

It was free, as far as I recall.

i assume the transfer in at IB is free. but transfer out at PF?
transfer out are often pricey.

Loool.

1 Like

I believe it’s very possible for one man to be most important person of the century.
And act like a crazy idiot at least some of the time.

That doesn’t necessarily mean he’s wrong in criticising the government or his company’s share price.

To transfer titles to IB, PF fee schedule says CHF 107.70 per title („Ausbuchung aus Depot E-Trading zu Gunsten Depot bei einem anderen Finanzinstitut„).

Oh. Well, then I am a few francs behind on the broker costs to sell and rebut it in a few days when it gets transferred.

But good to know because there’s still the other half - Euro50 STOXX, and Emerging Markets and some Vanguard World still there in Degiro so for those I might try the other way of moving things.

Thanks!

How long did it take to transfer things for you?

Don’t recall exactly, it was a long time ago, but certainly less than a week.

or perhaps he was high

currently they charge 0.- per position transfered

Turns out there’s some quality content to be found on /r/wallstreetbets

Earlier today at 2:71PM, the Federal Reserve Administration staff announced publicly that the institution would pursue an interest rate of (0.866 + 0.5i)% for the next financial quarter of this year.

When pressed for his reasoning on this precise number, Chairman Jerome Powell said “Complex times call for complex solutions,” adding, “money has always been imaginary, so we thought it was due time that we would finally make it literal.”

In response to this news, instead of falling, the Nasdaq proceeded to spin uncontrollably with the Dow following close behind.

2 Likes

Quality lolcontent / trolling

People: Elon’s dumb comments about coronavirus don’t work in Tesla’s shareholders interest. $10 billion of Tesla market cap evaporated!

Musk:

He was selling most of his houses (7?) so wanted to put that extra cash back into some of his stock I guess. :rofl:

Such statements could land him in trouble with the SEC again. If a CEO of a company says “our stocks are too damn expensive” just to dump the price and buy cheap, he will get punished. I don’t get it why he makes this gamble.

2 Likes

He makes this gamble because he has lawyers. Don’t keep thinking that everyone is equal

1 Like

I tend to agree with him on this one though.

1 Like

As I now got my IB account and click around in it trying to learn how to use it. I wanted to find the ETFs and stumbled on this on the justetf page:

Iknow a lot of people here are fans of Vanguard FTSE All-world buy actually HSBC MSCI World seems to somewhat cheaper. So I just wonder why Vanguard and not HSBC etc?

Is it only the size of 1.3 billion to 4 billion? Or is it something else ? (I know all the story about Vanguard being owned by fund owners etc. as described by JL Collins)