Coronavirus: when do we reach the bottom of the dip?

I agree with you. I only said we are in the EU.

Except we aren’t.

Even if some (many) of their rules apply.
Including the ones for intra-EU migration and travel.

If Switzerland actually were in the EU, we’d have 15% VAT. Which I am quite happy not to have.
Also, Switzerland isn’t even in the customs union - unlike Turkey (which in fact is).

2 Likes

Amazon doesn’t care - at an all time high :rofl:

1 Like

Is this a superbouncing cat or is the market really going back to previous valuations?
What are the next key dates to understand what’s happening?

2 Likes

So just a recap of how quickly things unveiled:

• 24.02.2020 - VTI starts a quick decline from a previous close of $170
  • 02.03.2020 - I purchase a lot of VTI at $153, catching the proverbial knife
  • 23.03.2020 - VTI reaches the lowest point at $110
  • 14.04.2020 - VTI gets back up to over $140

If only every crash was so quick :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Really interesting video. Thanks for sharing. His article on LinkedIn that he refers to several times is also really interesting.

I agree with his assessment that this will be worse than the 2008 financial crisis. However, I think that for a lot of what he is saying, the coronavirus pandemic is almost irrelevant. He is saying (without actually saying it) how the global superpower shift from the USA to China is and will continue to be a highly disruptive time.

I sold a little of VT yesterday feeling a nervous need to free a little bit of cash. I don’t like I did this because it is contrary to my plan

Will it really go back to overvalued top? I don’t think so, at least not right now.

But I know I am a fool and I know nothing about the behaviour of the market right
 So I will strap myself and stay the course!

I wonder why. Are you in debt or you are living paycheck by paycheck? Do you mean you wanted to have cash to buy VT back later, maybe?

I actually rethought all of these during Easter and decided to stay the course (even though I’m pretty sure markets are paranoid and we will have soon at least a -50% crash) and I’ll save up the cash for apartment in coming years. I’ll not sell anything as my original plan states and I’ll stay the course. I need to also limit my information consumption and stay ignorant for a while for the sake of my mental health. Overthinking the epidemic and the coming crash makes me nuts.

9 Likes

I wonder how you felt on March 23rd when SP500 went below 2200 intraday?

To buy more later at a lower price :sweat_smile:
At least that is the plan

My plan is
buy VTI and VXUS /VWO when it approaches my buying mean (actually I should buy now, it’s 7 USD less than my mean)
and meanwhile learn how to put stop loss order in IB, so that if the market goes down again I should preserve my capital
I don’t know if it makes sense though

It doesn’t. Due to market volatility you’ll end up selling low and buying high.

Better to invest monthly (no matter at which price), ignore everything and just stay the course.

Yes please, do not play with stop loss unless you know exactly what you are doing. It is almost a guaranteed way to realize a loss. At best it does nothing

Anyone has an idea what happenned to VEA after hours (curious dump, -7.5%)? :slight_smile:

Google says -0.057%.

I also see -7.5% after hours movement on the Android app I use.

1 Like

Must be some glitch. VEA is 35.00 (-0.35%) after hours

JETS is +11.6% though :wink:

Yeah interesting.
It appears there was one trade at 16:50ET at price of 32.48 :smiley:
https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/funds-and-etfs/vea/after-hours

haha go JETS :flight_departure:

Bought Dufry today, as promised :slight_smile: