Coronavirus: when do we reach the bottom of the dip?

Forget about travelling till this is over. I cancelled everything what I planned for vacations this year.

I also have a trip coming up in April (everything booked) and one planned for May (nothing booked).
I won’t book the second trip.
How did you go about getting a refund? Any problems doing so?

I am curious if someone bought JETS [quote=“glina, post:407, topic:3304”]
If I were to build a position in JETS I would probably start right now and average down later if situation gets worse. It is cheap. Waiting for something dirt cheap to get even cheaper may be called greed.
[/quote]

current VT Value: same as May 2014

1 Like

Can we drop below 40$? :open_mouth:

5 posts were split to a new topic: Is the price of market capped index proportional to market cap?

I work for a major bank in Switzerland and it looks like they are preparing for a worst case scenario where we have to close all branches for a couple of weeks. This will affect 20k employees.

Holy…if they really close all borders next Monday and things like this happen, SMI will drop to 4000.

-15k my unrealized profits :joy::sweat_smile::sob:

IMG-20200312-WA0017

1 Like

-15k, that’d be nice… :cold_sweat:

4 Likes

FED just launched QE4 and … nothing happened. This is getting interesting.

2 Likes

-15k? I forgot how to count that low.
I’m at -103k EUR of unrealized P&L.
I think my total realized P&L + dividends since I stated investing are in the range of 150k
Essentially, 2/3 of last 4 years have vanished in 3 weeks.

1 Like

That’s why I keep saying: you should critically think and decide about investing more than half your portfolio into one single country market, the U.S…

Sure, you would have fared extremely well over the last 10-20 years… but there’s no guarantee that U.S. outperformance will continue forever. Nor that the U.S. is going to at least perform in line with other markets.

Are we sure it won’t reverse at some point, with the U.S. then lagging behind other markets in the future?

If you can answer that question for yourself („Yes, I believe U.S. will always dominate forever“), then go ahead.

1 Like

From the articles I saw, it doesn’t look like QE, but providing liquidity to the repo market (to make sure things keep flowing if banks stop lending to each other).

1 Like

Live conference of tomorrow. I expect closure of all borders by Monday next week and forced home office for everyone.

5 Likes

Can it possibly be worse than today? SMI -9.48% :sneezing_face:

I don’t wanna be mean but I think there’s a realistic chance that on of the big two won’t be surviving this year. I hope you don’t lose your job.

Already quit my job there by end of next month, moving to a smaller bank.

I now have a 2nd confirmation that tomorrow they will announce a state of emergency. Holy…SMI will get destroyed.

3 Likes

Did i read this right, is the conference tonight at 12:00?

3 Likes

Yes it‘s at midnight!

1 Like

Just noticed my post got ‘banned’, and wanted to say I am sorry if I offended someone.
Keep strong! I am -25k in my minor IB account…UBS is better I don’t look at :sob::grin: