Charging methods for Revolut - Costs and benefits

Hi

I propose we do a common thread on how to charge Revolut with different credit cards, bank, their costs (fees, percentages) and benefits (credit card cashback).

The conditions may change, so I am going to try and keep this up to date.

I have quite a lot of cards and am willing to share my experiences:

Best option as of February 2020:

Supercard Plus Topcard - Free Card - No fees for charging, cashback 0.3 % as Superpoints Coop (January 2020)

Simple bank transfer to Swiss Revolut account [Added by Julianek] : Free, but slower than using a card. You do not have a credit card linked to your phone. No Cash back.

Other options:

Swisscard Cashback Credit Card - Free card - No fees for charging, but no Cashback of 0.25 % (December 2019)

PostFinance Visa Gold - 90 CHF per year - No fees, cashback 0.5 % as money (February 2020)

Cumulus MasterCard Cembra - Free Card - No fees. Cashback 0.3 % as Cumulus points. Worked on my account according to Cembra statement from 23.1.20 - Possibly disputed according to this post

Credit Suisse MasterCard (bonviva platinum) - No fees for charging but no bonviva points (January 2020)

Please propose changes or additions below.
If it’s possible to wikify this thread, let me know or do it yourself.

2 Likes

It cost me 5 francs to transfer 1500 CH.- from Migros Bank to my Revolut Card

… and you are saving waaaaay more than the top up costs, if you are using Revolut for FX payments.

Free of charge from a UBS account if transferred to Revolut Swiss IBAN (Credit Suisse).
I’m always credited the next business day.

1 Like

What is “FX” Payements?

I am realising that I was probably sending money to the UK IBAN…this is why I was being charged…
Pfff…learning every days…lol

Payments in foreign currency.
FX = FOREX = foreign exchange

Credit Suisse MasterCard (bonviva platinum) - No fees for charging but no bonviva points (January 2020)

Bank transfer from any Swiss account to the Swiss IBAN of Revolut should be free.

P.S: AMEX is not accepted by Revolut for charging (January 2020)

Anyone tried with an Amex?

One cannot use American Express to charge Revolut, at least in Switzerland.

As far as I know, American Express charges the highest fees to the vendor which is why there are many places you cannot pay with it.

By reading and partipating to this forum, you confirm you have read and agree with the disclaimer presented on http://www.mustachianpost.com/
En lisant et participant à ce forum, vous confirmez avoir lu et être d'accord avec l'avis de dégagement de responsabilité présenté sur http://www.mustachianpost.com/fr/