Car insurance Tesla Model 3

Hi I am about to insure my first car in switzerland, a tesa model 3 SR +, I should look for insurance in the next 1-2 weeks, but by contacting my “trusted broker” he offered me insane insurance figures of 1800- 1900 chf for the full helmet with parking damage. Both the car dealer and I did some research on the internet and found offers around 1200-1300, as there should be bonuses for an electric car which also has a sentinel mode which therefore makes the car safer. Do you have any advice on how to move? Is comparis a good solution to compare?

1 Like

Already discussed here

1 Like

My post has been linked here. At the end I had to wait for an insurance case to be able to break my extremely long (6 years) contract done by a broker.

I can only recommend to do it by yourself. I was at Zurich and beside the long contract I got, their service was thinking excellent. You can get an offer directly on their website.

Otherwise comparison, moneyland and bonus.ch all offer comparator tool, so feel free to use them and compare the beat offer for what you need.

I end up changing for Smile Direct, so far I never had to use their service but the online registration is very easy and also offer your to customize everything in detail if you wish (increase or decrease parking coverage, premium, bonus protection, insurance for objets carried in the car or not, usually covered by your home and RC insurance but to be checked).

At the end I pay less than 900frs for full coverage and 1000frs franchise on collision, 0 on RC, while I was paying 1300frs at Zurich. The only service not included at Smile Direct that I had at Zurich is that they pay for a rental car while yours is at the garage (charged 50frs/day at Amag). If you can manage a few days without car when you have a case, it might be OK. If you absolutely need a car for work, Zurich or other with rental car included might be better. And I guess if I ask a new offer at Zurich on comparia today, I will have one around 1000-1100frs for the same, price went down these last 3 years.

Yes, in fact, I also heard of another person close to me who had constraints on that insurance because he had made the contract through a broker. Online, on the other hand, they often offer interesting discounts. Is it possible that through the insurance site there is a higher price than doing it through bonus.ch or comparis.ch despite the fact that it is the same insurance, which have agreements?

Yes, using comparator you could have a better offer. Same as TopPreise for shopping. It worth having a look.

Also I forgot to mention, I used the deal with Neon for Smile Direct and I should get 100frs cashback, still didn’t receive it but it should arrive soon I guess.

1 Like

I cannot edit my post, I guess it’s too old now. But I got the cashback from Neon, after 1 month. So it’s really a good deal, it pays off the tax to change the car license (50CHF) + 50CHF bonus. But I guess I cannot do it again in 2 years if I switch to another insure and want to come back to Smile again. I will do it only if I can save significantly on the insurance, not only to get these 50CHF of course, so probably it will not happen or the offer might be gone eventually.

Hi all,

What’s the cheapest and best insurance for a Tesla? @Cortana which one you have and how much you pay if I may ask?
Thanks

1400 for Zürich insurance was the best deal for me. 5 years 100% value coverage is one of the most important factors IMO.

Thanks a lot Cortana. What do you mean with 100% value coverage? that in case of disaster the car is covered at 100% of it’s original value?

About the leasing (assuming you took a leasing) could you please let me know if the leasing cost can be deducted during taxes?

Thanks

Leasing costs can not be deducted from your taxable income. From a legal point of view leasing interest is similar to rent you pay for an apartment, which also can’t be deducted.

Thanks a lot Burningstone.
And talking about Tesla, what are the mustachian tips about:

• charging (home, on the go)
  • insurance
  • travelling
  • winter tyres and rims (are there any non official Tesla rims that work?)
  • Accesories that make sense?

Thank you all!

Leasing can be deducted if you have a company (e.g. GmbH) and if took the leasing through the company.

is the tesla insurance available in switzerland? https://www.tesla.com/insurance

No that I am aware of…

It turns out there is indeed one https://www.tesla.com/de_ch/support/insuremytesla listed on tesla website and basically same as E-Mobility | Zurich Switzerland

Ah, I didnt know. I did mine with Zurich anyway, I managed 1163.2 CHF/year :slight_smile:

oh nice. I just generated a quote from Zurich and it was 1’469.10 CHF with most deselectable options deselected. I wonder if I can lower the price with some additional calls or if there is something else I can do. (The car is the cheapest model Y and I am around 35 years old.)

Try to compare with all others insurances via comparis. Ask for quotes for the best 3 and then go to the one you prefer and push until they escalate the topic to someone with a higher responsability and they will approve it. It takes a bit of work but you make sure you have the best one.

2 Likes

I’m also with Zurich. Got them to beat the best competing offer I had from Comparis.

TFF has (german) thread on Zurich insurance. When I looked into it, it was a solid deal and better than comparis or direct from the company. Tesla Versicherung Schweiz - #69 von Whitestar - Weitere Kooperationspartner - TFF Forum - Tesla Fahrer & Freunde
I switch to whatever is best at the time so didn’t use Zurich at the time.

Any higher performance EV car budget should include higher tire cost than your previous car. Especially if Tesla still delivers the mediocre Hankook summer tires which have quite high wear, in my experience.