Buying BTC using CHF

Actually, the interest is updated weekly, every tuesdays, and depends on differents metrics like app activity, volume, member activity on social media…
you can find more about it here: https://swissborg.com/blog/community-index

and in the end, depending on what the community index is and the total volume in the yield, you have your reward p.a:

here it’s for premium users, but for non-premium user, you have to devide the reward by 2, which is still quite good, as the community never dropped below 6 yet.

Hope I shed some light on why it change :smiley:

Have you or someone have any feedback concerning their services ?

Would it be any safer to buy crypto with a swiss structure ?

Reviews on trustpilot are not good, and I think the fees are on the higher side. I don’t really see an advantage using them over other providers.

1 Like

I used them a few years ago. Yeah fees are rather high, just use one of the exchanges instead. e.g Kraken or Binance.

1 Like

In my opinion, if you will transfer the crypto to your own wallets and hold them there, then it doesn’t make a huge difference which exchange you use. It just has to have low crypto withdrawal fees. If you want to buy and hold, using your own wallets is the most sensible approach, in my opinion.

When I entrust a significant amount of assets to a third party (i.e. holding cryto in a service provider’s wallet), then trust becomes a big issue for me. In my opinion, Bitcoin Suisse and Swissquote have a trust advantage because they have a local presence and are subject to the Swiss legal system. But if you’re comfortable with keeping your money and crypto with binance, you will get much better trading liquidity and lower trading costs there.

1 Like

Aren’t they relatively good?!

I mean… whose reviews are good (and not fake) on Trustpilot anyways?
It’s a cesspit for disgruntled customers and should be taken with a huge grain of salt.

1 Like

Opened that same link today and the page says

Purchase With Account Balance:
0.9% fee for stablecoins**
1.5% fee for any other crypto

That seems kind of expensive. Using a payment card is even worse: 3.75% + 0.25€

Was the 0.26% the old price or am I looking at the wrong page?

Just click on the second tab “Kraken Pro” - it’s 0.16% or 0.26% (depends whether you’re a taker or a maker).

Thanks! I was browsing on mobile and missed it because the different selections appear as a small menu instead of tabs.

If you are looking not only for BTC but also alt coins, Binance is a good option. Money can be transferred via credit card or money transfer into Binance. And just recently I sold some coins and transferred the money out of Binance to my Swissquote account with a SEPA order (CHF 0.80 expenses). It arrived the very next day to my account.

To the Swissborg users - is your app working normally?
Already for a couple of days I just get a message that I am “offline” (regardless of me being online, on wifi or 4G).
Will try to reinstall now.

After observing the markets on Kraken for a while, I’m starting to question the point of buying BTC (or other cryptos) with CHF.

The BTC.CHF volume on Kraken is low and the spreads are really wide.

Exhibit A: The spread is around 100 Fr.

Exhibit B: In euros the spread is within 1€. Average volumes are also much higher.

Average daily volumes for the last week:
39 BTC in CHF vs 4193 BTC in EUR.

Are the other exchanges more efficient if they even support CHF? At the time of writing (Sunday 26.3.2021) 47’487 EUR is approx. 52’743 CHF.

Looking at the recent trades there seems to be a slight imbalance in favor of BTC.CHF.

47’665 EUR was around 52’940 CHF so approx. 140 CHF advantage. Given the volatility and spreads, and that today is Sunday, I think on average this would tip in favour of EUR. I don’t think there’s a big enough opportunity for arbitrage here.

I’m on my mobile and intend to look more into this later. Long term data and analysis would be interesting.

For the lazy: bity.com
Swiss company and accepting CHF. Fee’s are 0.7%, but there’s a spread, so over all it totals in about 1.2% fees (although the later not advertised). They are not costodial, so you get sent your bitcoins directly to your wallet, so save on the transaction fees from exchanges
Another one would be Relai.ch

Hi,
What would be the most efficient way to buy BTC around this time? Swissquote, Coinbase, Binance, IB?

Currently i have an account in Degiro and looking to go to the next level.
Thank you

Most likely Binance if you have EUR available.

Transferwise is my friend, right? :smiley:

I personally use Revolut but Transferwise is as good.

You can’t use Transferwise funding Binance. It’s against their rules:

Wise-Customer Agreement - TransferWise.com.

Instead you can use Revolut for this purpose.

Personally I prefer Kraken because I am using Ledger having my assets safe in a cold storage. Withdraw fees at Binance are much more expensive than Kraken. Anyway Kraken is supporting funding directly with CHF and they have paired CHF with BTC and ETH.

6 Likes

Can you elaborate on this please? You mean FIAT or crypto withdraw or something else?

As I see a BTC withdraw cost you with Binance 0,27$. And a FIAT withdraw with EUR cost you a SEPA order of 0.80€.

e.g. from Kraken away DOT: 0.03 DOT fee / same from Binance 0.1 DOT fee
If you want to store your crypto on a hardware wallet, it’s cheaper to take the Kraken route.

EDIT: just an example I did recently.

2 Likes