Black Friday offers thread

I bought a 27 month subscription of Office 365, as I will soon lose access through my previous employer. Although I could use office via my new company, the explicitly warn that traffic and usage can be monitored which is unacceptable for me for private use.

3 Likes

OK I bought it. 81 from 5000 left. Amazing.

Soo. digitec start the Black FRIDAY on thursday, so when someone actually check on friday they won’t see the offer anymore. Cool. They should cal it black week

Early bird catches the worm.

The bulk of Digitec‘s offers went online bang on time at midnight - though they have subsequently added some more.

1 Like

Wow great offer, thanks!

So 1 year is 79.- and 15 months is 150.-?

No. Click on the link from Voodoo above. It will take you directly to the 12+15 offer:

And hurry up :slight_smile:

Hey guys
you should really use LibreOffice, it’s free…

4 Likes

Have you ever tried to use LibreOffice in a business environment? E.g. someone sending you a PowerPoint presentation, and the items are in different places when you open them.

I use LibreOffice as well, but from my humble point of view it simply doesn’t work in an enterprise environment. Unless everyone is using it.
fyi: I haven’t had WIN on my personal laptops for almost 15 years. Still, I had to buy O365 because it simply didn’t work to just use Open Source software

1 Like

A lot of websites sell MS office keys for 10.-

2 Likes

I’m now for 3 years MS Office free and I survived. (I admit, last year or so I had to install a trial version of excel in a vm to handle some special vb scripts or macros). I consequently send all documents to customers etc in open formats and had not that much complaints. But I think it’s dependent on whom you dealing with.

1 Like

I need the cloud service.

Damn it, Mediamarkt has even a better offer: MICROSOFT PC/Mac - Microsoft 365 Family /D kaufen | MediaMarkt

1 year Family for 49 CHF. Could have bought 2 of them instead.

2 Likes

That’s a good one, my renewal or 109 CHF would have been due tomorrow. Let’s hope Mediamarkt sends the code online and not by snail mail. -.-

…only in german.
lol/sob

1 Like

My subscription just renewed but looks like if we buy now we can extend by 12 months

Do they really restrict it by language - or is that just the packaging? Does anyone know?

Seems there are some discounts today here as well :grin:

https://www.nyse.com/index

I guess 'muricans need some cold hard cash for their shopping sprees. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think it’s just the package, I don’t see any reason to limit to a specific language

1 Like

Thanks, I was just replying as I found it in English. Mediamarkt website search function not as good as google. Thanks @cortana for the tip :slight_smile:

That’s because of the South African covid variant.

You know, at least once a year, we’re surprised by the same virus… :roll_eyes:

1 Like