AMEX Credit card from Swisscard with 1% cashback

Because I always use my total limit to transfer money from visa to revolut card :slight_smile:

You can then pay with that Revolut Visa when Amex isn’t usable.
Revolut having good forex rates doesn’t mean you cannot use it for CHF too. :smiley:
I don’t see a reason for Postfinance?

Because I already pay other stuff with my revolut (monthly subscriptions, fast money transfer to other banking accounts in the usa or germany) – so I got my system and everything works for me :slight_smile

Why postfinance?
Because Zak and Neon banking isn’t an option for me – daily or weekely transfer limit.
Neon -> " The current daily transaction limit is 24’000 CHF."
Zak -> As a reminder, Zak limits the amount of payment orders (i.e. transfers and standing orders from e-banking in the app) to CHF 5’000 **per day , and CHF 10’000 per week.

I would not use the PostFinance card, which is basically a debit card connected to your main current account. You can probably set some limits, but still, a current account can have a lot of money in it and this card has access to it. Also you use this card to login to E-Finance. I wouldn’t walk around with it.

With the Postcard you have Two-factor authentication for the online banking

Are you having trouble with revolut or is it working so far? I have read about people having their funds blocked. Would you still reecommend revolut?

It is working quite reliably for everyday use.

Regarding blocked funds, keep in mind that some people are using Revolut to gain bonuses from credit card bonus programs (miles, points, cashback) by “artificially” routing larger sums through the account via credit card top-ups.

Ok I see. Would you use Revolut for paying chinese suppliers on Alibaba too? Or is transferwise the better way?

Why would you not use revolut? I use them all the time on Alibaba

Sorry for the stupid question. I see you are using visa to transfer money to revolut card. What about using amex to transfer money to revolut card?

For someone who has no set up system like you would it make more sense to send it through Visa or Amex?

Amex to Revolut (Visa) isn’t supported :frowning:

That’s not entirely true. You get 1% bonus as well, which brings it down to 1.5%. So effectively in the range of other credit cards. That’s also the reason why it’s one of the top credit cards on moneyland.
But I tend to say, that they have shitty exchange rates. So better be safe than sorry.

Due to the fact that I forgot my Cumulus Mastercard pin and Cembra want to charge me 20 chf for a new one, i wanted to apply for the cashback duo. I just realized they have a recommendations program, 40 chf each.

Recived several referal codes, thx.

https://www.cashback-cards.ch/de/cashback-cards-empfehlen

I’ve sent you my code last night.

Yeah, this is hilarious. Cancel it and make it again in a year.

Don’t know if this is usual practice but if you use LSV method as payement of the monthly credit card bill for swiss cashback cards, just noticed that they debit your account approx. 1 week before they send you the bill via their e-service portal… So no time to check the payments made with the cards before your account gets charged. Top card (Coop) and Cembra (Cumulus) send their bill before they debit your account…

2 Likes

A comment for people who might have these cashback cards.

I’ve been using them for a few months. All good, no issues. Then I started receiving messages telling me that they are retiring their web interface in favour of the Android/iOS apps. I don’t care, all good.

Issue is, I’ve noticed that one cannot export transactions via the app (say, for YNAB/Pocketsmith) so now I cannot do expense tracking anymore.

This seems like a stupid product decision. I’ve contacted them and got the typical “it’s on the roadmap… no i don’t know when it’ll be available”. So I’m thinking about canceling these cards altogether.

Any others with the same issue?

Look for the other post “Swisscard discontinues …”

1 Like

Yes it’s a bummer for me too. Maybe I’ll decide to pass on the cashback to have better control.

Yes, it’s especially annoying when they send emails along the lines of “soon it’s time - our desktop service is finally getting retired in favour of our great app :fireworks:”. Talk about putting make-up on a pig.

1 Like