All about Revolut

So does this mean that the source is not an actual withdrawal with the PF card? That’s what I’d like to see.

Isn’t that the wrong source, cos they write they use forex rates? Of course an actual transaction would be best to confirm they use what they write.

Postfinance does not appear here, but don’t expect them far from UBS. I think they even referred to the UBS forex rate in their conditions the time I was customer

It’s behind the paywall it seems.

Revolut introduced a Plus plan between Standard (what I have) and Premium (what I used to have when we still travelled around).

What is not clear to me is whether they downgraded Standard in the same move. In the app under “account type” there is no “free cash withdrawal” listed anymore.

I always had the standard plan and it says “ATM withdrawals €0 / €200” next to “Currency exchange €0 / €1,000”. All is good here :slight_smile:

Their webpage also confirms this :slight_smile:

do they not have a proper overview site that compares the plans directly?

In my app I no longer have the 200 ATM withdrawals for Standard. But I see 400 for Premium. Plus is not available here in Switzerland.

I am with the free account and I still have the monthly 200 CHF free withdrawals

1 Like

maybe scroll down? :slight_smile:

1 Like

In Italian , sorry … :wink:

Shame on me, i see it now… confusing that it’s not listed in the account type overview.

1 Like

I have to say that this “new” user interface is far from user friendly…

2 Likes

Revolut made a fee change:

As a reminder, there is currently a CHF 200 limit on free monthly ATM withdrawals on our Standard plan. After this, you begin paying a 2% fee. We are changing this, by adding a limit on the total number of ATM withdrawals as well, and by setting a minimum fee once your free allowance runs out.

Going forward:

• Your CHF 200 free monthly limit will remain the same, and once you hit it you will still begin paying a fee.
  • We are also introducing a limit of five ATM withdrawals as well. Once you hit this, you will also begin paying a fee.
  • Both of these limits apply independently. You will start paying a fee as soon as you hit one, even if you don’t hit the other.

Does anyone understand what the second point means? Is it 5 monthly withdrawals or 5 withdrawals, period?

And does someone understand this new cross-border payment fee system?
International Payments_Pricing Sheet.pdf (revolut.com)
Why does it matter to Revolut whether you send money in the local currency or not?

1 Like

In context and in line with the CHF 200 limit, and according to common usage, it will be a monthly limit.

Local currency can usually be sent as a(n inexpensive) domestic bank transfer.
Foreign currency usually can’t - but needs to be sent as a more expensive SWIFT transfer.

1 Like

Yes, but that sentence is really really badly written. I know it’s not a legal document, but still…

1 Like

Sounds like I might start thinking about another card. If I understand it correctly, every time you send euro to someone, you have to pay. It doesn’t matter if you have an eur account.

edit: correction. You don’t pay.

1 Like

So SWIFT occurs a fixed cost to Revolut but the domestic bank transfer is a percentage of the payment? It’s cheaper to transfer USD 10’000 to a non-US country.