All about Revolut

The swift part is probably correct, cler did send the money to CS on Revolut’s account. Otherwise it would have been already sent back. The problem lies on Revolut’s booking. Logical, isn’t it?

1 Like

Just chat with Revolut. I also had once the same Situations. You just need tu use their Chat if you want to contact them. They still put the money on my Revolut Account.

Might be good to have a few screenshots / confirmations from CLER ready to send (e.g. confirmation that bank account is yours, like photo of a statement, and screenshot of the transfer made, including reference details).

1 Like

I sent already all PDF and Screenshots with the proof of the transfer, but live agents from Revolut insist that the money never arrived and can’t do anything else.
This morning i contacted Ombudsman(swiss banking) and they said that have more cases like me, so they suggested to contact Cler bank and ask for “Recherche de paiement”, after that i contacted Cler for proceed and i need to pay 50.- to this service.
Will see what’s happening next, waiting since the 06.03.2020 is frustrating .To be continued…

1 Like

Hello Mustachians, yesterday i received one email from Revolut saying that my transfer was returned,i received the money in my original account today.Thank you

2 Likes

…which - if it was Revolut that sent the E-Mail - proves that the money in fact did arrive in their account. Otherwise they wouldn’t know about it.

Did they state why it was returned?

Exactly the money was from the beginning in their account(Credit Suisse).They just said the money was rejected and was transferred to my original account and they explained how to proceed to do the local wire transfer(name, reference number and country).

Not professional. It’s weird that the money is not returned automatically or that nobody checks when the amount isn’t assigned to one account. For me it’s basic money management

Did you initiate the "Recherche de paiement” or did the issue sort itself out without it?

I initiate de “Recherche de paiement” the 18th with the bank Cler, but apparently they did nothing until yesterday, so the issue solved itself(after 20 days).

…and back gone they might be. Or are they?

Switzerland has been removed from their web site as a supported country/region.

something strange is going on… this is what just happened to me when I opened the app:

1. I get this notificaton
  2. after hitting the “Read new T&Cs” link, I get this:

If you tap on the compass icon on the bottom right on your screenshot, it’ll open it up in Safari:
As we can see, the link is country-specific and links to https://www.revolut.com/en-CH/legal/terms.

Substituting the CH country code with something else works and brings up terms and conditions.
Though as I’ve said, Switzerland has been removed from their website at the moment.

1 Like

And the reason why Switzerland has been removed? For the new accounts?

I’ve contacted support and they’ve (after my pressing) have assured me that my account should be OK and UK terms should apply, due to them not having “an official presence” in Switzerland. Which obviously doesn’t properly explain it, because they surely aren’t having such presence in most countries. I mean… Iceland, Greece, Danmark, Liechtenstein?!.

Ultimately they have boiled down their list of European countries to the EEA again.

In my interpretation, this might mean - in the best case - that they can’t or don’t want to actively market their product outside of the EEA (as an offer from their UK entity, for the non-European countries they’ve probably set up shop there with a separate entity), though otherwise nothing is going to change.

In worse actual experience, I’ve been burned previously by Revolut canceling all their cards for all non-EEA residents literally overnight, back in 2016 or so (including all Swiss users).

PS: After a quick glance at their terms and conditions, I also found a restriction to EEA countries in (chapter 26) their “refund rights for Revolut Card payments”. Taking the wording at face value, you don’t enjoy their refund / protection for card payments in Switzerland, as they’d be in a non-European country.

3 Likes

Thanks.
I won’t leave more than 200chf on it for the time being (aka forever apparently)

Personnally, I am moving to N26 as soon as possible, i.e. next week.
5 free cash withdrawal in eurozone is perfect for vacation. Better than Revolut for my use.

Anyone using NEON over Revolut?

1 Like

What about Monese? Anyone using it over Revolut?

Monese is available in Switzerland now. I didn’t know that. Do they have a CHF IBAN? How’s their FX rate?