All about Revolut

I’d ask Viseca why. There might be an error. I think transactions with merchants and transaction with banks are different for the same reason you don’t get cashback by transferring money to revolut.

1 Like

Charging Revolut free with:

Supercard CC
PostFinance
Cumulus (new)
Cembra Certo
Cashback CC
UBS

These are the ones I know of. There may be others.

You don’t get any points or cashback, though.

Call Viseca and threaten to cancel. This might help.

4 Likes

Let’s say I have in my Revolut account 1k CHF and 1k PLN. If I purchase something in Germany in EUR that cost 10 EUR, for example, from which account Revolut will take the money or will make the conversion?

1 Like

If you are a Swiss resident, CHF I guess.

1 Like

Not sure if this is the right thread to speak about this. If not, please feel free to split it into a new one.
I am a user of Revolut, mainly for holiday expenses abroad. Today I found this article which scared me a bit.

Inside paradeplatz is not the most reliable information portal but they put in a link to the financial times. Unfortunately, I do not have an account for FT and could not read the original article.

What do you think about this? Is it time to check for alternatives?

1 Like

In my case it would take it from the CHF balance. But you can convert to PLN so it will take it from there as long as you have a balance.

If you want to keep some currency, you can temporarily add it to a Vault. The funds there are not used for payment until you withdraw from the Vault

1 Like

I am not moving away from Revolut based on some news. In case you want a backup, Check Wise. DM me for a referral code.

2 Likes

Inside Paradeplatz is 99% alarmistic garbage articles. If you found that article via your Google News feed, I recommend to block that source.

2 Likes

According to their own website (Which currency balance will be deducted for spending?) this is the rule:

The card selects which currency to use in the following order:

1) The currency of the payment (e.g. if you are in the UK carrying out a transaction in Euro, we will deduct funds from your Euro balance)

2) Your base currency (BGN), which is determined by your home address

3) The next active currency with a sufficient balance

Funds are not taken from more than one currency balance at a time, so if is no single currency wallet
with sufficient funds, the transaction will be declined, even if there is enough money across your wallets in total.

What is not clear to me is the order in which the “next active currency” is determined.

2 Likes

Highest balance maybe ?

That’d be my hypothesis too, indeed.

Thank you for the link! I will send some PLN to my Revolut account and will give a try

Hi guys

I usually use a swiss credit card (UBS Mastercard) to transfer money to Revolut.

However, it does not seem to work anymore.

Anyone experiencing the same?

Worked for me yesterday (same card as you).

1 Like

It may be related to the current problems at UBS: UBS customers are struggling with massive Mastercard problems | Switzerland Times

I couldn’t pay with the UBS Mastercard yesterday evening.

1 Like

https://cybernews.com/news/revolut-banking-data-exposed/

I have not received any messages.

1 Like

Me neither

Add to reach 20 chars

74 posts were split to a new topic: All about Revolut [2022]

2 posts were split to a new topic: Are mega threads better than many individual ones?