ZH Private Tax and DA-1

I started to use the online Tax software from Zurich and since it’s new I’m having a few questions.

ZHPrivateTax doesn’t have an help for filling DA-1. They do print a DA-1 when filling the taxes, but I wonder if I have to fill one by hand as well or I can print the enclosed one and send it to the tax office separately as I did with the previous system. I haven’t found any documentation to explain how it works with the new system.

This document: https://zhp.services.zh.ch/app/ZHprivateTax2020/assets/Wegleitung-DA1.pdf
should help. BUT I think it’s not clear, since it says that you must send a copy to another address and then tells you about zhprivatetax.

My understanding is that it’s now 100% online (incl. DA-1).

Pinging this post since I’m really confused by the wording and the lack of a way to print it automatically inside the site…

I was expecting at least the possibility to print the DA-1 automatically. The one printed can’t be sent since it’s a bit different.

Die vollständig ausgefüllten Formulare DA-1, DA-2 und DA-3 senden Sie separat (nicht zusammen
mit der Steuererklärung) an folgende Stelle:
Kantonales Steueramt Zürich, Steueranrechnung, Bändliweg 21, Postfach, 8090 Zürich
Unvollständige und unleserliche Anträge werden retourniert oder abgewiesen!
Legen Sie eine Kopie des Antrages Ihrem Wertschriftenverzeichnis 2020 bei. Die Total-Werte des
Formulars DA-1 sind gemäss Vordruck in der entsprechenden Zeile auf Seite 3 («Übertrag ab Formular
DA-1») des Wertschriftenverzeichnisses 2020 zu übertragen.
Formular-Angebot:
a) Es steht Ihnen die Transaktionsplattform «ZHservices» zur Verfügung. Auf dieser Plattform haben
Sie die Möglichkeit Ihre Steuererklärung elektronisch zu erfassen und einzureichen.
b) Das Steuererklärungsprogramm Privat Tax 2020 kann ebenfalls kostenlos auf der Homepage des
kantonalen Steueramtes Zürich (www.zh.ch/steueramt) heruntergeladen werden.
c) Ebenfalls unter www.zh.ch/steueramt bieten wir Ihnen die einzelnen Formulare DA-1, DA-2 und
DA-3 (inkl. Muster und Wegleitung) als beschreibbare PDF-Formulare an

Like @nabalzbhf I was expecting it to be completely digital now.

Thats also how I understand the text you sent:

“Es steht Ihnen die Transaktionsplattform «ZHservices» zur Verfügung. Auf dieser Plattform haben
Sie die Möglichkeit Ihre Steuererklärung elektronisch zu erfassen und einzureiche”

Steuererklärung is not DA-1. It might mean something else.
Also last year I"ve used the Privat Tax software and I had to send it separately anyway.

With the website, it’s all electronic now :slight_smile:

Sorry that I’m so pedantic but…did you fill it electronically with zhprivatetax last year and got your money back ?

Last year (tax year 2019) still required printing it with the documentation (and I got it refunded shortly after). This year should be fully online (but I’m still waiting for a few documents before clicking submit :slight_smile: )

Ok. Weird that I didn’t find that news, but I didn’ use last year’ webapp.
It sounds so weird that they write those documents in so thick legalese and then they write the pdf I enclosed with that big conceptual hole.

Formular DA-1 - Antrag auf Anrechnung ausländischer Quellensteuer und zusätzlichen Steuerrückbehalt USA
Sofern Sie auch das Formular DA-1 ausgefüllt haben, müssen Sie dieses und die Belege nicht mehr in Papierform beim Kantonalen Steueramt einreichen.

No printing required. The information above was shown to me after submitting my tax declaration online. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, weird that it appears only afterwards.

2 posts were split to a new topic: DA-1 and related forms