Zero fees at ZKB

I assumed that that was part of the opening process for this account. But again, the wording suggests that there is a context - which you still did not post.

I do not believe that ZKB requires a broad “carte blanche” waiver stating that Swiss banking secrecy and data protection law doesn’t apply to you. They can’t just say there’s no banking secrecy or data protection law whatsoever to protect you on this account or customer relationship. I have little doubt that that would illegal.

There must be “vorliegender” context - literally: words before and after that - stating in which cases and circumstance you may not be protected by banking secrecy or data protection law.

See for example here and here, available from their web site.

Not necessarily.

Financial institutions may not always have to go through Finma to transmit data to foreign supervisory authorities ( see Art. 42c of Finmasa: https://www.fedlex.admin.ch/eli/cc/2008/736/de#art_42_c).
The waiver posted above is however a precondition to transmitting data of clients to foreign supervisory authorities.

1 Like

Does anyone know, if we can transfer funds for free from ZKB to IBKR?

Yes, it is for free.

1 Like

Transferring CHF is easy and free because IBKR provides a Swiss IBAN (so it is a domestic transfer, not an international one). I did it from PostFinance and UBS, it should work with ZKB as well.

However, transferring USD (dividends received from VWRL) always cost me something (about 14$, charged by IBKR)

Hi everyone, question regarding the joint account, do you need to go in person to open this account? Or do each of you open an individual account through the app and then somehow create a joint account in the website/app?

My wife and I aren’t clients of ZKB yet.

Thank you!

According to Einzelkonto in gemeinsames Konto umwandeln (zkb.ch) this is not possible.

1 Like

My gf and I are both clients of ZKB.
Opening a joint account with existing relationships is done fastly, they sent documents to sign.

But when I opened the bank account couple of years ago, I went by personally. Today, it may be different, I don’t know.

According to some recent news, SG and TG cantonal banks also removed account fees. Please check for details yourselves if it is relevant for you.

3 Likes