Zero fees at ZKB

They’re making up for it by not remunerating current accounts :slight_smile:

We live in Zurich :upside_down_face: I wouldn’t try otherwise, but thinking about how international canton Zurich is I would expect some level of service in English or any other of the federal languages?
Not sure

From the article

Die besten Sparkonten bieten momentan 2 Prozent an.

Where?
Edit: got it. 1st year with CEA

Given it‘s Zurich and the largest cantonal bank, I think you‘ll be fine in English - even though I suppose UBS and Credit Suisse (in addition to some smaller private banks) are more catering to expats that do not speak German. As indicated by their web site and product pages fully available in English. And French/Italian of course, as swiss-wide banks.

I‘d expect most retail banking staff in Zurich to speak usable English. French, I would definitely not be so sure (but assume only spotty French) , and Italian is probably luck of the draw or „we may find someone“ (many second - or third generation Italians live in the canton).

My only personal experience with ZKB is frankly - whose app and paperwork is fully translated into English (except the tax certificate - which makes sense though). And there’s even a setting for French that I haven’t tried.

Might give it a try in January and see how it goes, thanks!

PS: ZKB‘s mobile banking apps are (unsurprisingly) available in English and German.

Still paying 15.-/Month for my UBS account (1x Debit and 2x Credit Cards). Would be nice if that got cheaper or even free soon. But yes:

In all honesty, I’m not going to close it either way.

As I read it, that concerns packages with a credit card.
Does it mean that you cannot open an account with only a debit card? That is unclear to me.

When going through the hassle of changing bank accounts, why not go with neon, Yuh etc.? No account fees, no card fees when paying abroad…

If I understand correctly:

It will be possible to open account with just a debit card (it was already possible before). You can choose between:

• A ZKB inklusiv package (previously: four levels, now only three). All of them include a credit card.
  • Einzelprodukte (now referred to as “ZKB Banking”)

New customers can soon directly open ZKB Banking here.

Existing customers can downgrade here.

Main difference between the old “Einzelprodukte” and the new is “ZKB Banking” is:

• with Einzelprodukte you where charged CHF1/m for each account, and CHF 3.35/m for a debit card.
  • with ZKB Banking you can get three accounts and two debit cars for free.
2 Likes

I want to have a solid bank with a/several branch/es I can always go in case shit hits the fan.
Moreover, ZKB is one of the biggest banks we have in Switzerland with a solid reputation.

I use ZKB as main account and for FX relevant cases I use also neon.

I support this and I’d also add that it’s easier to negotiate certain things directly with a live adviser than through an app (I’m thinking in particular of mortgage conditions).

In my experience, face-to-face contact in a branch very often results in better terms than what is available online/through an app. The same is true for insurance, for example (but that’s not the point here).

1 Like

OK I can see the benefits in that.

Thank you!
Well, that’s exactly perfect (2x personal+debit, 1x joint)

I can’t find anything about joint accounts on their website.

• Are the T&C the same as for a personal private account?
  • Is it possible to have a separate debit card for the joint account?

I did just open a joint account. I can confirm:

• it is free from 1.1. as well
  • visa debit cards are free
  • the limit of 3 free accounts/2 free cards is independent of personal accounts. I.e. you can have 3 free accounts in your name and 3 free accounts under two names.
  • did not read the complete AGB (who does?), but according to the ZKB guy, they are the same.

note: the new joint account appeared in my (existing) ebanking within minutes

4 Likes

What does this exactly mean and why are they implementing this:

“Sie nehmen zur Kenntnis, dass das schweizerische Bankkundengeheimnis und Datenschutzrecht vorliegend keinen Schutz gewährt und entbinden die Bank von deren Wahrung.”

Context, you should included context.

That said, it’s usually used when a bank is obliged or chooses to share your data with foreign authorities or service providers.

I think sharing data with any foreign authorities always has to go through the Swiss authorities, not directly.

When opening the account at ZKB you have specifically accept this point. Some with banking experience can elaborate on this?