Wire from CH account to IB

@wapiti I doubt it but I will report back in a month. I am more interested if @hedgehog s new method causes any delayed fees.

Was the full amount transfer to IB ?

Jep, 39k sent 39k arrived not a rappen missing. I was quite surprised myself after the transfer from saxo was quite expensive.

There still might be a charge at the end of the month or something tho, gotta wait and see.

1 Like

About a Month passed an I have not seen anything resembling fees on my account.

@wapiti Looks like it worked. It is also really fast, the notification from Raiffeisen about the transfer happening and the notification from IB arrive almost at the same time.

1 Like

As mentioned in another thread, IB has now updated their instructions for transfers originating in Swiss accounts to target a CH IBAN, so no fees should be charged and transfers should be much quicker.

3 Likes

Hi, I’ve just tried to transfer some money to IB, and PostFinance showed me this:

Anyone knows wtf?

It worked for me two weeks ago.

Maybe a typo? Or a problem at PF? <= impossible ha ha

I’ve used the same template (based on @hedgehog info) for a year.

That’s probably it. I’ve already sent them message. We will see what they reply.

Last time I did a transfer (ie. less than a month ago), the CH IBAN IB gave was different than the previous times. Are you using the old one still?

Yes, I had cyclical deposit and used the same IBAN. Where can I get a new one? In Account Management?

Yes, just start a new deposit notification.

1 Like

Hello mustachins,

Revisitng this old thread: do you transfer CHF or USD to the IB account?
I’m asking since for transferring USD they seem to use a for further credit to account with Citibank in New York.

Edit: indeed, to transfer CHF i am directed to their bank in London with an IBAN. Is this what you all use?

Depends on the currency that the funds currently are. As I‘m earning CHF as income, I mostly transfer CHF.

Swiss IBAN to Citibank‘s London Branch. Which is connected to the Swiss clearing system - thus it‘s a (in my case) free domestic transfer.

2 Likes