Wire from CH account to IB

That’s with UBS? I have to try that, last time they charged me 10CHF!

Check that they didn’t charge it at the end of the month. PF bills me fees at the end of month IIRC

I did a 15k CHF transfer from Interactive Brokers UK to PostFinance last week and the full amount was credited on my PostFinance account the same day.
So far I don’t see any commission on either side for the transfer.

A friend of mine with UBS tried a CHF transfer to IB. They charged him 5 CHF at the end of the month, “E-banking cross border payment”. Rip off.

@wapiti

Did you try to do the Raiffeisen transfer from a savings account, because their price-list suggest that it would cost 3CHF from a normal account and not 21CHF?

Page 3 of this:
https://www.raiffeisen.ch/content/dam/www/oberes-gaeu-aare/dienstleistungspreise/dienstleistungspreise_2017/Dienstleistungspreise_Privat_ab_01.01.2017.pdf
or page 2 of this:
https://www.raiffeisen.ch/content/dam/www/rch/pdf/e-banking/broschueren/de/Dienstleistungspreise-Anlegen-E-Banking-DE.pdf

Raiffeisen is one hell of a fragmented bank.

1 Like

As I and @Julianek found out selecting BEN with Raiffeisen leads to a free transfer to IB.
Also the transfer was really quick (executed at 05:14 notification from IB at 07:21)

@wapiti maybe you should look into this.

@chestwood96 Maybe fees are applied at the end of the month or some days later. Let’s just wat a little and see… :wink:

@wapiti I doubt it but I will report back in a month. I am more interested if @hedgehog s new method causes any delayed fees.

Was the full amount transfer to IB ?

Jep, 39k sent 39k arrived not a rappen missing. I was quite surprised myself after the transfer from saxo was quite expensive.

There still might be a charge at the end of the month or something tho, gotta wait and see.

1 Like

About a Month passed an I have not seen anything resembling fees on my account.

@wapiti Looks like it worked. It is also really fast, the notification from Raiffeisen about the transfer happening and the notification from IB arrive almost at the same time.

1 Like

As mentioned in another thread, IB has now updated their instructions for transfers originating in Swiss accounts to target a CH IBAN, so no fees should be charged and transfers should be much quicker.

3 Likes

Hi, I’ve just tried to transfer some money to IB, and PostFinance showed me this:

Anyone knows wtf?

It worked for me two weeks ago.

Maybe a typo? Or a problem at PF? <= impossible ha ha

I’ve used the same template (based on @hedgehog info) for a year.

That’s probably it. I’ve already sent them message. We will see what they reply.

Last time I did a transfer (ie. less than a month ago), the CH IBAN IB gave was different than the previous times. Are you using the old one still?

Yes, I had cyclical deposit and used the same IBAN. Where can I get a new one? In Account Management?

Yes, just start a new deposit notification.

1 Like

Hello mustachins,

Revisitng this old thread: do you transfer CHF or USD to the IB account?
I’m asking since for transferring USD they seem to use a for further credit to account with Citibank in New York.

Edit: indeed, to transfer CHF i am directed to their bank in London with an IBAN. Is this what you all use?

Depends on the currency that the funds currently are. As I‘m earning CHF as income, I mostly transfer CHF.

Swiss IBAN to Citibank‘s London Branch. Which is connected to the Swiss clearing system - thus it‘s a (in my case) free domestic transfer.

2 Likes