Hi fellow mustachians
With the upcoming winter, I’m looking into buying winter tyres for my car. I have no idea where/how to start!
Our car is a Suzuki SX4 from 2013 with adw. We live in the mountains. The car currently have tyres that can be used year round (that’s what the seller said).
Some criterias and questions:
- As safe/best grip possible, two little kids are in the car. Spikes?
- Should I also get chains as a backup? I’m not planning to drive when there is too much snow or really icy. This probably means a couple of weeks/months where we live.
- I have some experience of winter roads from living in Scandinavia but not as a car owner
- Do I need to start the engine every week for the battery?
- Best place to buy them, online?
- Change them in any garage?
- I can store them in our basement to avoid that cost…
- Anything else to consider?
Any help is appreciated - Thank you!