What's your (investment) strategy for 2023?

Or just fund the smallest/zero accounts first.

Yes, that’s exactly what I’d do with the approach described above. I’m just not sure whether I should split the yearly amount between the 3 zero accounts or alternate every year between the 3. But as I said above, I don’t think it will make a huge difference in the end.

Sounds good👍🏻
I am lazy, so I change the 3a account only once a year. But its up to your personal preference.

I think a single year is too small to make a difference, so probably easier to do year by year rather than splitting it.

1 Like

Can I ask where this approach comes from and why you are doing this? ‘* Stop buying if ETF portfolio has reached 45% of Net Worth (probably not going to happen in 2023…)’

Yesterday I joined your “Quality club” officially :slight_smile:
Currently transferring my UBS 3rd pillar into Finpension as well. They (at UBS) informed me that this transfer will take 3 weeks…(I thought it gonna be faster)

GMO 7 year asset class forecast:

Quality :rocket:

3 weeks is fast for traditional banks :joy: at my regional Kantonalbank it took 6 weeks to sell and transfer my 3rd pillar…

Wow! My expectation was - one week max :sweat_smile:

To clarify, that’s the forecast of the real return after inflation.

A comment from FT from August:

This is the way :point_up:

1 Like

I have a pretty similar portfolio, although only 30% tilted to scv, but identical fund composition. Although I have 10% home bias in SPICHA and SPMCHA.

What’s your reason for zero home bias?

Also do you still consider AVGV? For me personally I dont like it that much, due to heavily weighted to weighted in large value. I see way more benefit in scv.

The arguments for it don’t convince me.

Yes, seems like a good option, especially when they add the midcap value funds.

You can still pair it with VT to get a tilt more to your liking.

A post was split to a new topic: What’s your (investment) strategy for 2024?

This happened on January 13th.

This happened until June, when I foolishly upped my leverage to x2.

This happened in October. I’ve divested my assets then, closed the sale on November 30th and am almost exclusively invested in real estate, with cash reserves from now. The leveraged adventure was mostly a flat, it would have been a win if I hadn’t upped my leverage ratio at the wrong time (don’t double down as stocks are going up is the lesson I take from that).

Overall, I’ve mostly followed my plan, not felt harsh pain and found a home I’m looking forward to live in, so a good year, if not the most productive investment-wise.

3 Likes