OK, so please don’t kill me for my stupid questions. I was thinking about investing in ETFs for a bit and just wanted to try it out (with CHF1000) in order to get a feeling for the tools and the whole setup (I want to invest at least CHF10000 later on). I wanted to invest like recommended by this guy at The Best ETF Portfolio For Switzerland In 2021 - The Poor Swiss (20% CHSPI and 80% VT). I wanted to buy VT and opened an account on DEGIRO for it. I found VWRL instead of VT (no VT at DEGIRO it seems) and I have no idea why but I was thinking this is exactly the same ETF. So I purchased it fo about CHF800. Now it turns out it’s not even close the same ETF:
- The TER is higher on VWRL than on VT
- VT holds also small caps, while VWRL only hold larger caps. In practice, VT has more than twice the number of stocks of VWRL
- VT is American, so you can reduce greatly the withholding on dividends, this makes another about 0.15% fee for VWRL
- VT 5 years performance is 54% while VWRL is only 38%, this is extremely significant
So what should I do now?
- Hold until I make enough to sell and then sell?
- Or just hold it until I retire?
- Call DEGIRO and ask them to undo the order? Is that even possible?
My goal is to invest more and more in VT and CHSPI. I already have 97% of my 3a in VIAC and in stock with the global 100 strategy.