What should be my expectation for cashback for a free credit card?

Probably a dumb question. In switzerland,

What should be my expectation for cashback for a free credit card?
1%? 2%? 3%?

And what should be my expectation for cashback for a not free credit card?
1%? 2%? 3%?

Both up to 1%

(20 characters)

Here are your options for 1% with free credit cards:

• The Swisscard Cashback cards is a combo of 2 cards with 1 AMEX and 1 Mastercard/Visa. The AMEX one gives you 1% (but is not accepted by all merchants), the Mastercard/Visa gives you 0.25%.
  • Certo by Cembra is a Mastercard (i.e., accepted by (almost) all merchants). It gives you 0.33% except for 3 merchants you can choose from a list where you get 1% (includes Migros, Coop, Denner, Aldi, Lidl, Decathlon, etc.)
  • The IKEA Family by Cembra gives 1% but as IKEA vouchers.

Happy to provide referral codes in PM if interested.

Thank you for the reply. I am really ignorant on this topic.
Is cash back really cash deposited to my account or it is giftcard (restricted to spend only at certain places) back? or this question doesn’t make sense?

I can only speak for the Cembra card, there the cashback is credited to your account and “paid” out every 3 months. It reduces your next credit card bill.

For Swisscard Cashback cards it is credited once a year and, as Certo, it is credited to your credit card account and will reduce your bill.

IKEA Family card gives out vouchers.

1 Like

thank you! Another question, hopefully it’s not too annoying.

I think it is possible to connect all credit cards to ubs twint. (is it true?) and if the i use the card through twint at migros, coop and sbb, does that still counts for 1% cashback?

1 Like

No, TWINT is considered as “cash equivalent” and excluded from cashback programs.

There is a workaround though. You can buy TWINT vouchers at a Coop cashier and then pay with your cashback credit card. Not sure it is worth the hassle though, depends your volume of transactions on TWINT.

2 Likes

damn…use the cembra credit card via twint is considered as “cash equivalent”. This doesn’t make sense to me. But they have their one reasons…

SwissCard Cashback cards: Cashback is deducted from your bill once per year.

SwissCard Poinz cards: Cashback can be used to buy stuff in the app or to pay out as cash, minimum 100 CHF.